This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Crew Life Support System for Interplanetary Vechicles
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published July 12, 2009 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Interplanetary manned missions will change significantly the requirements imposed upon Life Support Systems (LSS) and specifically the requirements on LSS Automated Control Systems (ACS).
During interplanetary manned missions the possibilities to control the operation of a specific system from the Ground Mission Control Center (GMCC) are diminished considerably. Therefore, this demands survivability and intelligent level enhancement LSS ACS.
The possible ways to solve this problem are as follows:
◦ use of control units and devices built with serial production technology application leading to the minimum of human factor impact;
◦ application of algorithms based on maximal use of adaptive control principles, methods of artificial intelligence theory, engineering system condition diagnosis and prediction;
◦ making up of an aboard information system on the basis of advanced RS 485 interfaces;
◦ maximal development of LSS&ACS section/module structures ensuring module-board communication via two cables: a power cable and an aboard information network communication cable;
◦ development of intelligent systems for identification and issue instructions to the crew as to isolation of off-normal situations (faults) to enhance survivability and reduce substantially the crew's working time spent on LSS operation.
It is demonstrated that the solution of this problem enables building the advanced LSS ACS suitable for implementation of various space programs.
CitationZaretskiy, B., Gavrilov, L., and Kurmazenko, E., "Crew Life Support System for Interplanetary Vechicles," SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-2464, 2009, https://doi.org/10.4271/2009-01-2464.
- Peter Bonasso R. Kortenkamp, David Kowing Jffrey Distributed, Distributed, Embedded Control for Life Support Development SAE Paper Ser. #2007-01-3024 2007
- Zaretskiy B.F., Gavrilov L.I., Kurmazenko E.A. Control of Life Support Systems for Exploratory Crews Aviakosmicheskaya / Ekologicheskaya Meditsina (Russia) 2008 v.42 66 67
- Zareczkiy B.F., Gavrilov L.I., Kurmazenko E.A. A Crew Life Support System Control for Interplanetary Vehicles Proc. of Inter. Conference ‘Life Support System as Means of Space Human Development’ 151