This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Prediction, Analysis and Modeling of Human Performance
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published June 09, 2009 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This Paper introduces a research method and exemplary test results used to define operator's predispositions that are carried out by Department of Avionics and Control, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Aeronautics, Rzeszow University of Technology. Researches carried out under laboratory conditions define candidates predispositions to perform pilot profession and are one of the recruitment process elements for pilot specialty. Tests are carried out with the use of specialized informatics tool, that enable the evaluation of operator's predispositions and is not sensitive to candidate gender, race and origin culture. This paper presents and analyzes the results obtained during the researches conducted in the period from 2006 to 2008. An important part of the work is a proposal of a simplified informatics model of pilot. This model considers, in the operator's predispositions evaluation process, those elements of particular importance to perform pilot profession.
|Technical Paper||Mathematical Modeling of Multiple Evaporator/Multiple Condenser LHPs Using EcosimPro|
|Technical Paper||A Monte Carlo Simulation for Maintenance and Reliability|
|Technical Paper||Human Error Analysis in a Military Multi Crew Application|
CitationBasmadji, F., Gruszecki, J., and Rzucidlo, P., "Prediction, Analysis and Modeling of Human Performance," SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-2297, 2009, https://doi.org/10.4271/2009-01-2297.
- CampbellR. D., BagshawD., Human performance and limitations in aviation, BSP Professional Books, Oxford 1991.
- GreenR. G., HuirH., JamesM., Grad WellD., GreenR. L., Human factors for pilots, Ashgate Publishing Group, England 1991.
- GruszeckiJ., RzucidloP., Simplified Informatics Model of Pilot-Operator and Prediction of Human Performance, AIAA Paper-2008-7110, AIAA Modeling and Simulation Technologies Conference, Honolulu, HI, August 2008.
- GruszeckiJ., ZajdelZ., Simplified Model of Pilot Predispositions Mechanics, vol. 71, RUT Press, Rzeszow, 2007.
- HermanR., KazmierskiM., Application of PC Flight Simulators for preliminary training of pilots (in Polish), MSc Thesis, Faculty of Mechanical Engeneering and Aeronautics, Rzeszow University of Technology, Rzeszow 2007.
- HessR. A., A qualitative model of human interaction with complex dynamic system, IEEE Transactions on systems, Man and Cybernetics, Vol. SMC-17, No 1, 1987, s. 39-51.
- Joint Aviation Requirements - All Weather Operations, Joint Aviation Authorities, GILC, Warsaw 1996.
- Joint Aviation Requirements - Flight Crew Licensing, Joint Aviation Authorities, GILC, Warsaw 2002.
- LindsayP. H., NormanD. A., Human information processing, PWN, Warsaw 1991.
- MaciejczykJ., BiernackiM., Spacial Processing of Information in Pilots Tests (in Polish), Polish Review of Aviation Medicine nb. 4 vol. 11, Warsaw, 2005.
- RoscoeS. N., CorlL., LaRocheJ., Predicting Human Performance, Helio Press Inc., Canada, 2001.
- SzczepanskiC., Anthropocentric systems for simulator motion control (in Polish), ITWL, Warsaw 2005.
- TruszczynskiO., BiernackiM., Crew Management and Tasks Performance in Aviation, Polish Review of Aviation Medicine nb. 4 vol. 12, Warsaw, 2006.
- WOMBAT Modern Psychological Assessment, URL: http://www.aero.ca, Aero Innovation 1998 [cited 14 December 2008].