This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Modeling Ascending and Descending Stairs Using the Human Motion Simulation Framework
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published June 09, 2009 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The Human Motion Simulation Framework (Framework) is a hierarchical set of algorithms for predicting and analyzing task-oriented human motion. The Framework was developed to improve the performance of commercial human modeling software by increasing the accuracy of predicted motions and the speed of generating simulations. This paper presents the addition of stair ascending and descending to the Transition Stepping and Timing (Transit) model, a component of the Framework that predicts gait and acyclic stepping.
CitationReed, M., "Modeling Ascending and Descending Stairs Using the Human Motion Simulation Framework," SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-2282, 2009, https://doi.org/10.4271/2009-01-2282.
- Badler N.I. Allbeck J. Lee S-J. Rabbitz R.J. Broderick T.T. Mulkern K.M. 2005 New behavioral paradigms for virtual human models Technical Paper 2005-01-2689 . SAE International, Warrendale, PA
- Bhatt R. Xiang Y. Kim J. Mathai A. Penmatsa R. Chung H-J Kwon H-J Patrick A. Rahmatalla S. Marler T. Beck S. Yang J. Arora J. Abdel-Malek K. Obusek J.P. 2008 Dynamic optimization of human stair-climbing motion Technical Paper 2008-01-1931 . SAE International, Warrendale, PA
- Faraway J.J. Reed M.P. Wang J. 2007 Modelling three-dimensional trajectories by using Bezier curves with application to hand motion Journal of The Royal Statistical Society Series C-Applied Statistics 56 5 571 585
- Hoffman S.G. Reed M.P. Chaffin D.B. 2008 Postural behaviors during one-hand force exertions. Technical Paper 2008-01-1915 . SAE International, Warrendale, PA
- Raschke U. Kuhlmann H. Hollick M. 2005 On the design of a task-based human simulation system Technical Paper 2005-01-2702 . SAE International, Warrendale, PA
- Reed M.P. Wagner D.W. 2007 An integrated model of gait and transition stepping for simulation of industrial workcell tasks Technical Paper 2007-01-2478 . SAE International, Warrendale, PA
- Reed M.P. Faraway J. Chaffin D.B. Martin B.J. 2006 The HUMOSIM Ergonomics Framework: A newapproach to digital human simulation for ergonomicanalysis Technical Paper 2006-01-2365 . SAE International, Warrendale, PA
- Reed M.P. Huang S. 2008 Modeling vehicle ingress and egress using the Human Motion Simulation Framework Technical Paper 2008-01-1896 . SAE International, Warrendale, PA
- Wagner D.W. 2008 Classification and Modeling of Acyclic Stepping Strategies used during Manual Material Handling Transfer Tasks. Doctoral Dissertation University of Michigan Ann Arbor
- Wagner D.W. Reed M.P. Chaffin D.B. 2006 A task-based stepping behavior model for digital human models. SAE Transactions Journal of Passenger Cars - Electronic and Electrical Systems 115
- Wagner D.W. Kirschweng R.L. Reed M.P. 2008 Foot motions in manual material handling transfer tasks: A taxonomy and data from an automotive assembly plant. Ergonomics, 1 30