This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Extrapolation of Service Load Data
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 13, 2009 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Fatigue design has to account for the scatter of component geometry, material behavior and loading. Scatter of the first two variables is mainly due to manufacturing and material sourcing. Loading on the other hand depends decisively on operating conditions and customer usage. Loading is certainly most difficult to determine. Tests on proving ground or even long-term real time measurements are used to obtain actual load time histories. Because of the costs of measurements and safety measure, real-time measurements are used exceptionally to gain changes in the usage profile. In this paper, an attempt has been made to find the difference in the extrapolated data to the actual data. A comparison has been made between the actual road distance of 2000 km to the extrapolated data of 100 km, 500 km and 1000 km to 2000 km. The front Axle channel is taken for the study.
CitationRathanraj, K., Verma, A., Srividya, A., Mannikar, A. et al., "Extrapolation of Service Load Data," SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-1619, 2009, https://doi.org/10.4271/2009-01-1619.
- Bannantine J.A. Comer J.J. Handrock J.L “Fundamentals of metal Fatigue analysis” Prentice Hall publications New Jersey, USA 1990
- Darcell Socie “Rainflow cycle counting: A historical perspective” the international symposium on ‘fatigue damage measurement and evaluation under complex loadings’ July 25-26 1991 Murakami. Y. Butterworth Heinemann Ltd 1992
- Downing S. D Socie D. F. “Simple rainflow counting algorithms” International Journal of Fatigue January 1982 31 39
- Dressier K. Grunder B. Hack M. Koettgen V.B. “Extrapolation of Rainflow Matrices” SAE Paper 960569 1996
- Socie D.F. “Modelling Expected Service Usage from Short Term Loading Measurements” International Journal of Materials & Product Technology 16 4/5 2001 295 303
- www.ncode.com nCode Americas Southfield, Ml
- Saraf M.R Jambhale M.S 2003 “Effect of payload, road surface and speed of vehicle on durability” symposium of international automobile technology (siat2003) SAE Paper No. 2003-26-0033