This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Automated Functional and Robustness Testing of Vehicle Infotainment System
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 20, 2009 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In a current premium vehicle the infotainment system is typically implemented as a distributed system consisting of a number of modules communicating via a Media Oriented Systems Transport (MOST) network. Typical issues with such systems of systems (SoS) are emergent behaviour as systems interact in an unanticipated manner particularly during some initialisation conditions where it may be possible to get delays and failures in individual systems. Testing of infotainment systems at an overall level is conventionally carried out manually by an expert who can observe at a customer level but this has limitations affecting test coverage and effectiveness. Hence there is a requirement for an automated infotainment testing system which replicates a human expert encompassing relevant sensory modalities relating to control (i.e. touch) and observation (i.e. sight and sound) of the system under test. This paper describes the design and development of such a system that consists of simulation of vehicle CAN, vision-based inspection, navigation of features, random cranking waveform generation, sound detection and test automation. The system developed is able to; stimulate the system across a wide variety of initialisation conditions, exercise each function, check for correct operation and record failure situations for post-testing analysis.
|Journal Article||Control Flow Analysis of Automotive Software Components Using Model-Based Specifications of Dynamic Behavior|
|Technical Paper||Robust Control Techniques for State Tracking in the Presence of Variable Time Delays|
- Peter Bennett - Jaguar and Land Rover Engineering Centre
- R. Peter Jones - School of Engineering, University of Warwick
- Yingping Huang - Warwick Manufacture Group, University of Warwick
- Ross McMurran - Warwick Manufacture Group, University of Warwick
- Mark Amor-Segan - Warwick Manufacture Group, University of Warwick
- Gunwant Dhadyalla - Warwick Manufacture Group, University of Warwick
CitationHuang, Y., McMurran, R., Amor-Segan, M., Dhadyalla, G. et al., "Automated Functional and Robustness Testing of Vehicle Infotainment System," SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-1366, 2009, https://doi.org/10.4271/2009-01-1366.
- McMurran Ross McKinney Francis Tudor Nick. Milam William P “Dependable Systems of Systems” SAE paper 06AE-34 2006
- Huang, Y McMurran, R. Dhadyalla, G “Design Validation Testing of Vehicle Instrument Cluster Using Machine Vision and Hardware-in-the-loop” Proceedings of 2008 IEEE International Conference on Vehicular Electronics and Safety (ICVES 2008) 265 270 Sept 2008 Columbus, OH, USA