This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Fault Detection Algorithm Design for Electro-Mechanical Brake
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 20, 2009 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Electro-Mechanical Brake (EMB) systems can provide improved braking and stability functions such as ABS, EBD, TCS, ESC, BA, ACC, etc. For the implementation of the EMB systems, reliable and robust fault detection algorithm is required. In this study, a model-based fault detection algorithm is designed based on the analytical redundancy method in order to monitor possible faults in EMB systems. The performance of the proposed model-based fault detection algorithm is verified in simulations. The effectiveness of the proposed algorithm is demonstrated in various faulty cases.
CitationHan, K., Kim, I., Huh, K., Kim, M. et al., "Fault Detection Algorithm Design for Electro-Mechanical Brake," SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-1219, 2009, https://doi.org/10.4271/2009-01-1219.
- Favre, C. 1994 Fly-by-wire for commercial aircraft: the Airbus experience Int. J. Cont. 59 No. 1 139 157
- Cunningham, Thomas B. Poyneer, Robert D. 1977 Sensor failure detection using analytical redundancy Proc. Joint Automatic Control Conference San Francisco, Ca. 1 278 287
- Robust Model-Based Fault Diagnosis for Dynamic Systems Kluwer 1999 4 5
- Fault Detection and Diagnosis in Engineering Systems Marcel Dekker, Inc. 1998 153 154
- Diagnosis and Fault-Tolerant Control Springer 2003 264 266
- Fault Diagnosis Systems-An Introduction from Fault Detection to Fault Tolerance Springer 2005 355 362
- Vector Control and Dynamics of AC Drives Oxford University Press 1996 290 291