This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Challenges of ‘Green Fuel’ in Filtration System
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 20, 2009 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
With increasing use of biodiesel in the world, especially in Europe and the United States, there are challenges to meet the strict industrial standards for water and particulate removal with existing engine filter units while keeping their normal service life. This paper will address the urgency to develop more advanced filter media and technologies for the application. Three typical fuel filters (synthetic, glassfiber, and cellulose) from current market will be investigated and evaluated by dust holding capacity, water removal efficiency, and chemical resistance.
CitationSun, C. and Leubner, H., "Challenges of ‘Green Fuel’ in Filtration System," SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-0872, 2009, https://doi.org/10.4271/2009-01-0872.
- European Biodiesel Board http://www.ebb-eu.org/biodiesel.php
- Peterson, C. L. Vegetable Oil as a Diesel Fuel: Status and Research Priorities Transactions of ASAE 29 (5) 1413 1986
- De Vedia, M. R. Vegetable Oil as Diesel Fuel Diesel Power 22 1298 December 1944
- Chowdury, D. H. Indian Vegetable Fuel Oils for Diesel Engines Gas and Oil Power 37 80 1942
- SRI Consulting Publishes Global 2008 Biodiesel Report http://www.sriconsulting.com/SRIC/Public/NewsEventsArt/PR_Articles/PRSep08Biodiesel.html
- ‘Minnesota Passes New Biodiesel Mandate’ May 12 2008 http://www.commondreams.org/news2008/0515-02.htm
- Missouri biodiesel mandate proceeds to full state Senate, http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_hb5711/is_200802/ai_n25283261
- Fargione Joseph Hill Jason Tilman David et al. Land Clearing and the Biofuel Carbon Debt Science 29 February 2008 1235 1238
- Biodiesel 101 http://www.maxxforce.com/Home/Biodiesel
- Bessee Garry Hultzler Scott The effect of biodiesel fuels on water separation performance in diesel fuel 10th World Filtration Congress April 14–18 2008 Leipzig
- Prakash, Chandra B. Critical review of biodiesel as a transportation fuel in Canada March 25 1998
- Durst, M. Filtration in Fahrzeugen: Grundlagen und Beispiele zur Luft-, Öl- und Kraftstofffiltration Landsberg/Lech Verl. Moderne Industrie 2002