This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Contract Based ISO CD 26262 Safety Analysis
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 20, 2009 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The Integrated Project Speeds has developed a contract based approach to systems engineering and analysis of safety relevant applications. The paper discusses the usage of this approach for ISO CD 26262 compliant construction of safety cases, using so called safety-patterns in formalizing safety contracts. This approach enforces a characterization of allowed environment of developed items, and characterizes the possibly mode-dependent failure-propagation behavior as well as guaranteed nominal and degraded functionality within promises of such safety constructs. The method is supported by various analysis tools. These allow in particular to assess, whether a partitioning of system safety requirements to components requirements, all expressed in terms of safety contracts, are sufficient to establish system level safety requirements.
CitationDamm, W., Josko, B., and Peikenkamp, T., "Contract Based ISO CD 26262 Safety Analysis," SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-0754, 2009, https://doi.org/10.4271/2009-01-0754.
- Böde, E. Peikenkamp, T. Rakow, J. Wischmeyer. S. “Model based importance analysis for minimal cut sets” Automated Technology for Verification and Analysis, 6th International Symposium, ATVA 2008 Seoul, Korea LNCS 5311 303 317 2008
- Engel, A. Winokur, M. Döhmen, G. Enzmann, M. “Assumptions/Promises - Shifting the Paradigm in Systems-Engineering” INCOSE 2008
- Josko, B. Ma, Q. Metzner, A. “Designing Embedded Systems using Heterogeneous Rich Components” Proceedings of the INCOSE International Symposium Utrecht 2008
- Peikenkamp, T. Cavallo, A. Valacca, L. Boede, E. Pretzer, M. Hahn, E. M. “Towards a Unified Model-Based Safety Assessment” Proceedings of SAFECOMP 2006
- Pumfrey D. “The Principled Design of Computer System Safety Analyses” The University of York
- Schneider, F. Easterbrook, S. M. Callahan, J. R. Holzmann, G. J. “Validating Requirements for Fault Tolerant Systems using Model Checking” Third IEEE Conference on Requirements Engineering
- Akerlund, O. Bieber, P. Boede, E. Bozzano, M. Bretschneider, M. Castel, C. Cavallo, A. Cifaldi, M. Gauthier, J. Griffault, A. Lisagor, O. Lüdtke, A. Metge, S. Papadopoulos, C. Peikenkamp, T. Sgaspe, L. Seguin, C. Trivedi, H. Valacca, L. “ISAAC, a framework for integrated safety analysis of functional, geometrical and human aspects” Embedded Real Time Software (ERTS) 2006