Preparation and Physical Properties of Two-Packaged Polyurethane Coatings for Silver Mirror Layer Protection
Published April 20, 2009 by SAE International in United States
Annotation of this paper is available
The gel fraction and the curing rate of the silver mirror protective film according to the curing condition were investigated. Two-packaged polyurethane dry film made from acryl polyol and three different isocyanate curing agents (HDI-biuret, HDI-trimer and IPDI trimer) were built on the silver mirror layer in order to protect the layer. FTIR/ATR spectra showed the isocyanate content was clearly decreased and the gel fraction was increased as curing temperature and time were increased. The optimum curing condition of the silver mirror protective film was 80□ and 30 minutes. The dry film prepared with the optimum condition satisfied all tests in our materials specification for automotive interior parts. Moreover, the pencil hardness of the film containing dibutyltin dilaurate was stronger than the film without catalyst.
CitationKim, Y., Kim, O., Lee, J., Oh, W. et al., "Preparation and Physical Properties of Two-Packaged Polyurethane Coatings for Silver Mirror Layer Protection," SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-0570, 2009, https://doi.org/10.4271/2009-01-0570.
- Koh, Hyang Jin Park, Young Soo Oh Jin Keun and Kim Nack J. “Weight Reduction in Automotive Parts”, 1998
- Ro, Yun-Chan Choi, Sung-Ok Lee Jin-Hee and Nam Kie-Dae “Nickel Plating Techniques of Blend of ABS-PC Engineering Plastics”, Hwahak Konghak, Vol. 34, No. 6, 1996
- Lee, Jae-Ho “Wet Plating Fundamentals and Applications of Electroplating and Electroless plating”, Bul. Kor. Inst. Met. & Mater, Vol. 12. No. 6, 1999.
- Ahluwalia V. K. and Raghav, Sudha “Comprehensive Experimental Chemistry”, New Age International Pvt Ltd, 123, 1997.
- Kim Su Mi and Song, Wha Soon “Preparation of Electromagnetic Wave Shielding Fabrics by Electroless Plating”, Journal of the Korean Fiber Society, Vol. 29, No. 1, 2005.
- Akira, Sakurai Junichi, Togaaki “Method for Forming Thin Silver Mirror Film and Method for Forming Coating Film Comprising Thin Silver Mirror Film”, European Patent, EP1557483