This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Using a Co-simulation Framework to Enable Software-in-the-Loop Powertrain System Development
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 20, 2009 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The Advanced Engineering (AE) group within General Motors Powertrain (GMPT) develops next generation engines and transmissions for automotive and marine products. As a research organization, AE needs to prototype design ideas quickly and inexpensively. To this end, AE has embraced model-based development techniques and is currently investigating the benefits of software in-the-loop (SIL) testing. The underlying obstacle faced in developing a practical SIL system lays in the ability to integrate a plant model with sufficient fidelity together with target application software. ChiasTek worked with AE utilizing their CosiMate tool chain to eliminate these barriers and delivered a flexible SIL system simulation solution.
CitationMitts, K., Lang, K., Roudier, T., and Kiskis, D., "Using a Co-simulation Framework to Enable Software-in-the-Loop Powertrain System Development," SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-0520, 2009, https://doi.org/10.4271/2009-01-0520.
- ChiasTek Inc, CosiMate. Online documentation. http://www.chiastek.com. ChiasTek Inc. Chicago IL, United States. 2008.
- LMS International AMESim, Online documentation. http://www.lmsintl.com. LMS International, Leuven, Belgium, 2008.
- The MathWorks Simulink. Online documentation. http://www.mathworks.com/. The Mathworks. Natick, MA, United States, 2008
- Eclipse C/C++ Development Tools. Online documentation. http://www.eclipse.org/cdt/. The Eclipse Foundation, Inc., Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, 2008.
- MinGW: Minimalist GNU for Windows. Online documentation. http://www.mingw.org. 2008.
- Vector-Informatik, Gmbh .dbc© database file. Online documentation. http://www.vector-worldwide.com. Vector-Informatik GmbH, Stuttgart, Germany. 2008.