This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Updated Evaluation of Size and Mass Effects in Front-to-Front Crashes Involving Light Vehicles
ISSN: 1946-3995, e-ISSN: 1946-4002
Published April 20, 2009 by SAE International in United States
Citation: Eyges, V. and Padmanaban, J., "Updated Evaluation of Size and Mass Effects in Front-to-Front Crashes Involving Light Vehicles," SAE Int. J. Passeng. Cars – Mech. Syst. 2(1):555-564, 2009, https://doi.org/10.4271/2009-01-0375.
- Allison, P.D. 1999 “Logistic Regression Using the SAS System,” SAS Institute 1999
- Evans, L. 2001 “Causal Influence of Car Mass and Size on Driver Fatality Risk,” American Journal of Public Health 91 1076 81 July
- Evans, L. 2003 “CAFE — Why It Is So Difficult to Estimate Its Effect on Traffic Fatalities and Fuel Use,” TRB 2003 Annual Meeting Washington, D.C. January 15 2003
- Evans, L. 2004 “Traffic Safety,” Science Serving Society Bloomfield Hills, MI
- Evans, L. Frick M. 1992 “Car Size or Car Mass: Which Has Greater Influence on Fatality Risk?” American Journal of Public Health 82 No. 8 August
- Joksch, H. 1998 “Fatality Risks in Collisions Between Cars and Light Trucks,” UMTRI, DOT HS 808 802 October
- Kahane, C.J. 1997 “Relationships between Vehicle Size and Fatality Risk in Model Year 1985–93 Passenger Cars and Light Trucks,” NHTSA DOT HS 808 570 Department of Transportation, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Washington, D.C.
- Kahane, C.J. 2003 “Vehicle Weight, Fatality Risk and Crash Compatibility of Model Year 1991–99 Passenger Cars and Light Trucks,” NHTSA DOT HS 809 662 Department of Transportation, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Washington, D.C
- Nusholtz, G.S. Xu; L. Shi; Y. Di Domenico L. 2004 “Vehicle Mass and Stiffness: Search for a Relationship,” SAE Technical Paper Series, paper No. 2004-01-1168 , 2004 SAE World Congress, Detroit, Michigan March
- Padmanaban, J. 2003 “Influences of Vehicle Size and Mass and Selected Driver Factors on Odds of Driver Fatality,” 47 th Annual AAAM Conference Proceedings Association for Advancement of Automotive Medicine Lisbon, Portugal September 2003
- Padmanaban, J. Delahaye; M. Hassan; A.M. Mackay M. 2004 “Problems with Comparing Vehicle Compatibility Issues in US and UK Fleets,” Proceedings of the 2004 International IRCOBI Conference on the Biomechanics of Impact Graz, Austria September 22 2004
- Ross, M. Wenzel T. 2002 “Analysis of Traffic Deaths by Vehicle Type and Model,” US DOE March
- Ross, M. Wenzel T. 2003 “Are SUVs Safer Than Cars? An Analysis of Risk by Vehicle Type and Model,” TRB 82nd Annual Meeting Washington, DC January 15 2003
- Runge, J.W. 2003 “The Honorable Jeffrey W. Runge, M.D., Administrator, NHTSA, Before the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, United States Senate,” Statement for House Hearing on SUV Safety US Senate February 26 2003
- Van Auken, R.M. Zellner J.W. 2002 “An Assessment of the Effects of Vehicle Weight on Fatality Risk in Model Year 1985–1998 Passenger Cars and 1985–1997 Year Light Trucks,” Dynamic Research, Inc. February 2002
- Van Auken, R.M. Zellner J.W. 2003 “A Further Assessment of the Effects of Vehicle Weight and Size Parameters on Fatality Risk in Model Year 1985–1998 Passenger Cars and 1985–1997 Year Light Trucks,” Dynamic Research, Inc. January 2003
- Van Auken, R.M. Zellner J.W. 2005a “An Assessment of the Effects of Vehicle Weight and Size on Fatality Risk in 1985 to 1998 Model Year Passenger Cars and 1985 to 1997 Model Year Light Trucks and Vans,” SAE International Technical Paper Series, paper No. SAE 2005-01-1354 , SAE World Congress & Exhibition, Detroit, Michigan April
- Van Auken, R.M. Zellner J.W. 2005b “Supplemental Results on the Independent Effects of Curb Weight, Wheelbase, and Track on Fatality Risk in 1985–1998 Model Year Passenger Cars and 1985–1997 Model Year LTVs,” Dynamic Research, Inc. May 20 2005
- Wenzel, T. Ross M. 2006 “Increasing the Fuel Economy and Safety of New Light-Duty Vehicles,”