This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Front Seat Performance in Rear Impacts: Effect on 1 st and 2 nd Row Occupant Injury
ISSN: 1946-3995, e-ISSN: 1946-4002
Published April 20, 2009 by SAE International in United States
Citation: Viano, D. and Parenteau, C., "Front Seat Performance in Rear Impacts: Effect on 1st and 2nd Row Occupant Injury," SAE Int. J. Passeng. Cars – Mech. Syst. 2(1):462-481, 2009, https://doi.org/10.4271/2009-01-0252.
- Evans L Frick MC Seating Position in Cars and Fatality Risk Am. J. Public Health 78 11 1456 1458 1988
- Evans L. Traffic Safety and the Driver Van-Nostrand Rheinhold New York 1991
- Friedman K Kenney T Bish J Atesmen K Effects of Front Seat Performance Failure on Rear Seat Occupant Injuries in Rear Impacts 48 2000 Advances for Bioengineering ASME 2000
- Partyka S. Summary of Safety Issues Related to FMVSS 207 Seating Systems NHTSA, USDOT Washington DC 1992
- Viano DC Parenteau CS Prasad P Burnett R Stiff versus Yielding Seats: Analysis of Matched Rear Impact Tests SAE 2007-01-0708 , Society of Automotive Engineers, Warrendale PA 2007
- Viano DC Parenteau CS Serious Injury in Very-Low and Very-High Speed Rear Impacts SAE 2008-01-1485 , Society of Automotive Engineers, Warrendale PA 2008a
- Viano DC Parenteau CS Fatalities of Children 0–7 Years Old in the 2nd Row Traffic Injury Prevention 9 3 231 237 2008b
- Viano DC Parenteau CS Fatalities by Seating Position and Principal Direction of Force for 1 st , 2 nd and 3 rd Row Occupants SAE 2008-01-1850 , Society of Automotive Engineers, Warrendale PA 2008c
- Viano DC Parenteau CS Prasad P Burnett R Occupant Responses in High-Speed Rear Crashes: Analysis of Government-Sponsored Tests SAE 2008-01-0188 , Society of Automotive Engineers, Warrendale, PA 2008
- Viano DC Role of the Seat in Rear Crash Safety SAE Book Society of Automotive Engineers Warrendale PA 2002
- Viano DC. Seat Design Principals to Reduce Neck Injuries in Rear Impacts Traffic Injury Prevention 9 6 552 560 2008