This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Permanent-Magnet DC Motor Actuators Application in Automotive Energy-Regenerative Active Suspensions
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 20, 2009 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
An energy-regenerative vehicle suspension is proposed. Permanent-magnet direct-current motors are utilized as the active actuators in automotive suspension. The significant characteristic of the suspension is that vibration energy from the road excitation can be regenerated and transformed into electric energy while good suspension performance can be maintained. The modeling of electrical suspension system has been completed and simulated in Matlab/Simulink. The motor actuator working as a generator is proved to maintain the performance of vibration control and energy-regeneration. The prototype of motor actuator is designed and made. The vibration absorption and regeneration performances are verified by full-vehicle experiments.
CitationZhang, Y., Yu, F., and Huang, K., "Permanent-Magnet DC Motor Actuators Application in Automotive Energy-Regenerative Active Suspensions," SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-0227, 2009, https://doi.org/10.4271/2009-01-0227.
- Glenn, Wendel Gary, Stecklein A Regenerative Active Suspension System presented at SAE International Congress & Exposition, 910659 1991
- Noritsugu, N. Fujita, O. Takehara, S. Control and Energy Regeneration of Active Air Suspension (in Japanese) presented at Proceedings of the Dynamics and Design Conference ’96 A 1996
- Yutaka, Aoyama Kazunobu, Kawabata Shinnichi, Hasegawa Yuji, Kobari Masaharu, Sato Eiji, Tsuruta Development of the Fully Active Suspension by Nissan presented at SAE Passenger Car Conference & Exposition, 901747 1990
- Yoshihiro, Suda Taichi, Shiiba 1996 A New Hybrid Suspension System with Active Control and Energy Regeneration Vehicle System Dynamics 25 Suppl
- Yohji, Okada Hideyuki, Harada Regenerative Control of Active Vibration Damper and Suspension System presented at Proceedings of the 35th Conference on Decision and Control 1996
- Kimihiko, Nakano Yoshihiro, Suda Shigeyuki, Nakadai 2000 Self-Powered Active Vibration Control Using Continuous Control Input JSME International Journal, Series C 43 3
- Kimihiko, Nakano Yoshihiro, Suda Shigeyuki, Nakadai 2003 Self-Powered Active Vibration Control Using a Single Electric Actuator Journal of Sound and Vibration 260 2
- Kimihiko, Nakano Yoshihiro, Suda 2004 Combined Type Self-Powered Active Vibration Control of Truck Cabins Vehicle Systems Dynamics 41 6
- Fan, Yu Min, Cao Xuechun, Zheng 2005 Research on the Feasibility of Vehicle Active Suspension with Energy Regeneration Journal of Vibration and Shock(Chinese) 24 4
- Fan, Yu Xuechun, Zheng Study on the Potential Benefits of an Energy-Regenerative Active Suspension for Vehicles presented at SAE Commercial Vehicle Engineering Conference, 2005-01-3564 2005
- Ismenio, Martins Jorge, Esteves Gil, Marques Fernando, Silva 2006 Permanent-Magnets Linear Actuator Applicability in Automobile Active Suspensions IEEE transactions on vehicular technology 55 1
- Xuechun, Zheng Fan, Yu Yongchao, Zhang 2008 Study on a Novel Energy-Regenerative Active Suspension for Vehicles Journal of Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Science) 13 2
- Yasuhiro, Kawamoto Yoshihiro, Suda Hirofumi, Inoue Takuhiro, Kondo 2007 Modelling of Electromagnetic Damper for Automobile Suspension Journal of System Design and Dynamics 1 3