This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Green Lighting: Analysing the Potential for Reduction of CO2-Emissions in Full LED Headlamps
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 20, 2009 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The first All LED headlamps have arrived in the market, providing all lighting functions with semiconductor based light emitting devices, LED. That was a huge step: the first fully electronic headlamp of the world.
Aside from photometry and lifetime advantages, LED offers opportunities in saving CO2-Emissions and thus reducing Energy consumption. 2008 was for the first time a headlamp available where all lighting functions including low and high beam were completely realized with Light Emitting Diodes (LED).
|Technical Paper||LED Lighting to Reduce Vehicles Power Consumption|
|Technical Paper||Future Lighting Technology - Improved Safety Features versus Consumer Expectations|
|Technical Paper||Low Energy Automotive Lighting|
CitationHamm, M., "Green Lighting: Analysing the Potential for Reduction of CO2-Emissions in Full LED Headlamps," SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-0058, 2009, https://doi.org/10.4271/2009-01-0058.
- Kern, S.R. Light-Emitting Diodes in Automotive Forward Lighting Applications SAE Technical Paper Series 2004-01-0224
- Reil J. Bogner, G. Potential Use of LEDs in forward Lighting. In Progress in Automotive Lighting 2003 841 850
- Decker, D. Performance and Perspectives of Light Sources for Signal Lamps. In SAE Technical Paper Series 1999-01-0703
- SWOV Institute for Road Safety Research Daytime Running Lamps Final Report (TNO). Report to EU-Project TREN/E2/27/27-2002 Leidschendam, NL 2003
- Hamm, M. Huhn, W. Design Claims and Technical Solution Steps generating the world first Full LED Headlamp SAE Technical Paper Series 2008-01-0337
- Erion, J. LEDs in Exterior Vehicle Lighting. In Photonics Spectra 2006 50 52
- Krames, M.R. Shchekin, O.B. Mueller-Bach, R. Mueller, G.O. Zhou, L Harbers, G Craford, M.G. Status and Future of High-Power Light Emitting Diodes for Solid-State Lighting. In Journal of Display Technolgy 3 2 2007 160 175
- DESTATIS Berichtsmodul Verkehr und Umwelt. Kurzfassung 14 Wiesbaden Statistisches Bundesamt, März 2004
- Hamm, M. The introduction of world’s first Full LED Headlamp. Records of Advances in Technology and Energy Saving Vision Congress Reports 2008