This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Comparison of Asphalt Melt Sheets and LASD Materials for Structural Damping of a Passenger Vehicle
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 07, 2008 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The automotive vehicle is a system of high complexity in relation to the generation sources of noise and vibration. In order to achieve the overall vehicle NVH objectives, the damping treatment of the body panels needs to be optimized. Therefore the objective of this study is to compare the characteristics of two materials of floorpan treatments (deadeners): an asphalt melt sheet (bitumen pads) and a waterborne material (LASD - Liquid Applied Sprayable Damper - AcusticCol).
Citationda Silva, M., Furukava, M., Gerges, S., Jordan, R. et al., "Comparison of Asphalt Melt Sheets and LASD Materials for Structural Damping of a Passenger Vehicle," SAE Technical Paper 2008-36-0391, 2008, https://doi.org/10.4271/2008-36-0391.
- BLACK M. D. RAO M. D. “Material Damping Properties: A Comparison of Laboratory Test Methods and the Relationship to In-Vehicle Performance” Society of Automotive Engineers SAE 2001-01-1466 2001
- DE LANGHE, K. “High Frequency Vibrations: Contributions to Experimental and Computational SEA Parameter Identification Techniques” Katholieke Universiteit Leuven 02 1996
- LILLEY K. M. FASSE M. J. WEBER P. E. “A Comparison of NVH Treatments for Vehicle Floorpan Applications” Society of Automotive Engineers SAE 2001-01-1464 2001
- NAKKASH G. H. VISINTAINER P. SAHA P. “Understanding Laboratory Versus In-Vehicle Performance of Sprayable and Sheet Applied Damping Materials” Society of Automotive Engineers SAE 2001-01-1465 2001
- QIAN Y. AGGARWAL KHAN H. “Damping Efficiency of Ribbed Panels with Different Damping Materials” Society of Automotive Engineers SAE 971030 1997
- SAHA P. HUSSAINI A. S. “A Graduated Assessment of a Sprayable Waterborne Damping Material as a Viable Acoustical Treatment” Society of Automotive Engineers SAE 2003-01-1588 2003
- SUBRAMANIAN S. SURAMPUDI R. THOMSON K. R. VALLURUPALLI S. “Optimization of Damping Treatment for Structure Borne Noise Reduction” Society of Automotive Engineers SAE 2003-01-1592 2003
- SOPHIEA D. XIO H. “A New Light Weight, High Performance, Spray Applied Automotive Damping Material” Society of Automotive Engineers SAE 1999-01-1674 1999