This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Comparison of Interior Jet Aircraft Noise using Sound Quality Parameters
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 07, 2008 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The rapidly increasing number of aircraft passengers requires improved techniques for aircraft manufacturers to provide high internal comfort for passengers and the crew. In this paper, the internal acoustic comfort was evaluated using binaural recordings inside three aircrafts of different sizes during regular flights. The parameters of sharpness, tonality and loudness, which are expected to be correlated with perceived sound quality, were calculated. The results of listening tests performed with or without loudness equalization were obtained applying the paired comparison technique. These results will be discussed in detail in this paper.
- Samir N.Y. Gerges - Laboratory of Acoustics and Vibration, Federal University of Santa Catarina, Brazil
- Raquel F. Bitencourt - Laboratory of Acoustics and Vibration, Federal University of Santa Catarina, Brazil
- Camila Sato - Laboratory of Acoustics and Vibration, Federal University of Santa Catarina, Brazil
- Pascal Dietrich - Institute of Technical Acoustics, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen - Germany
- J.L. Bento Coelho - CAPS - DEEC, Instituto Superior Técnico, TULisbon, Lisboa - Portugal
- Miguel Neves - IDMEC - DEM, Instituto Superior Técnico, TULisbon, Lisboa - Portugal
CitationGerges, S., Bitencourt, R., Sato, C., Dietrich, P. et al., "Comparison of Interior Jet Aircraft Noise using Sound Quality Parameters," SAE Technical Paper 2008-36-0365, 2008, https://doi.org/10.4271/2008-36-0365.
- Bucak T. On aircraft interior noise Proceedings of the 3rd Congress of the Alps Adria Acoustics Association Austria 2007
- Quehl J. Comfort studies on aircraft interior sound and vibration Univ. Oldenburg 2001
- Blauert J. Jekosch U. Sound-quality evaluation - a multi-layered problem Acustica/acta acustica 83 1997
- Fastl H. The psychoacoustics of sound-quality evaluation Acustica/acta acustica 83 1997
- Guski R. Psychological methods for evaluating sound-quality and assessing acoustic information Acustica/acta acustica 83 1997
- Zwicker. E. Fastl H. Psychoacoustics - Facts and Models 3rd Springer Berlin 2007
- Aures W. Acustica 58 268 281 1985
- Buss S. Schulte-Fortkamp B. Muckel P. Combining methods to evaluate sound quality March 5 2007