This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Methodology of Thermal Balance Test for Diesel engines
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 07, 2008 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The Thermal Balance Test is usual in automotive industry mainly by engine manufacturers during the product development to verify the thermal efficiency and thermal distribution of the engine.
The data collected during the tests is used to develop the cooling system in vehicles and to improve the engine performance.
The test method and the formulation of the calculations that will be presented will have a didactic focus that will help the professionals to better understand the distribution of energy by the engine.
We will show the ideal range of thermal distribution, the main characteristics of the values found and projections of the engine performance based on thermal distribution.
|Technical Paper||The Technical Data Package for Procurement of Military Design Equipment|
|Aerospace Material Specification||Colors Used in Government Procurement|
- Luciano Tadeu Baffi Penhalbel - MWM International Motores Diesel da América do Sul Ltda
- Edson Dias Ferreira - MWM International Motores Diesel da América do Sul Ltda
- Jorge Paulo Dantas de Araújo - MWM International Motores Diesel da América do Sul Ltda
- Mauro Roberto Souza Sobral - MWM International Motores Diesel da América do Sul Ltda
- Flávio Benjamin Borges Moreira - MWM International Motores Diesel da América do Sul Ltda
CitationPenhalbel, L., Ferreira, E., Dantas de Araújo, J., Sobral, M. et al., "Methodology of Thermal Balance Test for Diesel engines," SAE Technical Paper 2008-36-0205, 2008, https://doi.org/10.4271/2008-36-0205.
- JOVAJ, M. S., Motores de Automóvil. Publisher MIR. Chapter XII.
- WYLEN, Van, Sonntag e Borgnakke, Fundamentos da Termodinâmica clássica. Publisher Edgard Blucher. Chapter IV até VII.
- OHLWEILLER, Otto Alcides, Química Analítica Quantitativa. Livros técnico e Científicos Publisher S.A.
- STONE, Richard, Introduction to internal combustion Engines. Publisher Palgrave Macmillan. Chapter XII e XIII.
- GREENE, A.B. and Lucas G.G., Testing of to internal combustion Engines. Publisher The English Universities Press. Chapter VIII.