This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A case-study about side door closing effort
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 07, 2008 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Door Closing Effort is one of the first impressions a potential customer has about a vehicle. The energy someone needs to give out to push and lock a side door vehicle is easily felt and can enhance the impression of a robust and high quality design vehicle. In other words, Door Closing Effort is one of the issues manufacturers shall look over in order to achieve perfect levels of Human Vehicle Integration (HVI).
The aim of this paper is to present a case study of Side Door Closing Effort of a specific Hummer vehicle. It will be shown how door closing effort varies according to several parameters, and how to improve the design and/or production process in view of achieving better effort levels, considering the Hummer case as a background. Several variables that influence on the overall energy of this process have been evaluated, and the physical differences were weighted to demonstrate what really counts for reaching a comfortable level of Door Closing Effort.
|Technical Paper||A Case Study About Side Door Closing Sound Quality|
|Journal Article||Prediction of Automotive Side Swing Door Closing Effort|
|Technical Paper||AUTOMOTIVE DOOR CLOSING EFFORTS STUDY|
CitationSandrini, V., Massarotti, M., Maia, M., Mendonça, P. et al., "A case-study about side door closing effort," SAE Technical Paper 2008-36-0154, 2008, https://doi.org/10.4271/2008-36-0154.
- 2008 J.D. Power and Associates The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. www.jdpower.com
- Nunes, A. Martins, E. Guaragna, L. Mariano, S. A Case Study About Side Door Closing Sound Quality Society of Automotive Engineers, No. 2008-36-0590 2008
- Nayak, R. Im, K. Optimization of the Side Swing Door Closing Effort Reliability & Robust Design in Automotive Engineering, No. 2003-01-0871 Society of Automotive Engineers Detroit, Michigan 2003
- Zhao, J. Zhu, X. Wan, D. The Development of Testing Device for Compression Deformation of Automotive Door Weather-Strip Seals Society of Automotive Engineers, No. 2002-01-0803 2002
- Zhao, J. Zhou, C. Zhu, X. Analysis of the Influence of the Seal Structure on Door Closing Force for SANTANA CAD/CAM/CAE Technology and Design Tools, No. 2004-01-1348 Society of Automotive Engineers Detroit, Michigan 2004
- Zou, T. Mahadevan, S. Mourelatos, Z. Meernik, P. Reliability Analysis of Systems with Nonlinear Limit States; Application to Automotive Door Closing Effort Reliability & Robust Design in Automotive Engineering, No. 2003-01-0142 Society of Automotive Engineers Detroit, Michigan 2003