This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Correlation of CAE Predictions to Actual Physical Tests with Production Variability Taken into Account
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 07, 2008 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
One of the critical items for a good matching between CAE predictions and actual hardware data is the input parameters variability. A vehicle component, for example, after manufactured shows imperfections that can be translated in small variation on nominal values of geometries and material properties. These variations of physical and geometrical parameters, fundamental data to construct a numerical model, cause impact on dynamic response. Analysis of this impact requires the use of appropriate stochastic methods for structural problems, mainly in correlation analysis between numerical and experimental results. This work assesses Body-in-White Point Mobility and Vibration Transfer Function correlation between CAE predictions and actual vehicle performance, including production variation and test uncertainty data.
CitationAlbuquerque, E. and Almeida, R., "Correlation of CAE Predictions to Actual Physical Tests with Production Variability Taken into Account," SAE Technical Paper 2008-36-0089, 2008, https://doi.org/10.4271/2008-36-0089.
- Doyle, J. F. Wave propagation in structures : spectral analysis using fast discrete Fourier transforms. Springer, 1997.
- Mace, B. R. A Local/Pertubational Method for Estimating Frequency Response Statistics of Built-up Structures with Uncertain Properties. Journal of Sound and Vibration. v. 242, n. 5, p. 793-811, 2001.
- Falsone, G., Impollonia, N. A New Approach for the Stochastic Analysis of Finite Element Modelled Structures With Uncertain Parameters. Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering. v. 191, p. 5067-5085, 2002.
- Papila, M., Haftka, R. Uncertainty and Response Surface Approximations. American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics. 2001.
- Battil, S. M., Renaud, J. E., Gu, X. Modeling and Simulation uncertain in multidiciplinary design optimization, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics - IAA -200-4803, 2000.