This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Application of Knowledge Management Concepts in the Automotive World
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 07, 2008 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Knowledge Management has been recognized as the main way of having higher creative capacity and competitiveness in the companies. The main difficulties of implementing Knowledge Management are the management tool and the company culture. This work presents a tool applied in an automotive company, the MAHLE group.
This system has a global use and has around 2000 accesses per month, with peaks of 5000. The tool contains systems for Lessons Learned, Community of Practice, Technical Site, Document Management and a system to collect and flow ideas focused on innovation. The environment in complement of the described applications has been used as main source of distributing information for a global group, technical and/or strategic (restricted access) info. Such information integrates in a global way more than 20 manufacturing plants, 6 R&D Centers and the Sales group.
It is presented also the main challenges of this application: cultural motivation to increase collaborative discussions, and a constant concern of having the site updated and dynamic.
CitationNicodemos, L., Ferrarese, A., and Soler, R., "Application of Knowledge Management Concepts in the Automotive World," SAE Technical Paper 2008-36-0062, 2008, https://doi.org/10.4271/2008-36-0062.
- FERRARESE, A. NICODEMOS, L. SOLER, R. Information Management, the base for Knowledge Management Sao Paulo 2008
- KNOWLEDGE Management www.kpmg.com
- BUKOWITZ, Wendi R. WILLIAM, Ruth L. Manual de Gestão do Conhecimento Porto Alegre 2002
- TERRA, J. C. BAX, M. P. Portais corporativos: instrumento de gestão de informação e de conhecimento A gestão da informação e do conhecimento Belo Horizonte UFMG 2003 33 53
- TOMANIK, E. UEHARA, S. Innovation Factory SAE Brasil São Paulo 2008