This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Quality Function Deployment (QFD) and Pugh Matrix on Innovative Concept Selection: an Application in Automotive Sector
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 07, 2008 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper aims to present an application of some quality tools focused on best concept identification process to meet defined customer requirements in activities of process development in an industry of automotive sector. First of all it was done a literature review in order to clear establish the concepts of the following tools: “voice of the customer”, “affinity diagram”, “pair wise comparison”, “quality function deployment (QFD)” and “Pugh matrix”. After it is presented the application of these tools in activities of technology research of advanced engineering department. The first task was to identify all customers related to the process in study. After this, some interviews were scheduled with them and the entire “voice of customer” was collected. With all this information it was used “affinity diagram” to summarize the inputs and used “pair wise comparison” to prioritize customer needs. To translate voice of customer into measurable parameters it was used QFD. The output of this process was a prioritized list of “critical to quality” parameters (CTQ). Finally, to select the best concept it was used “Pugh matrix” evaluating all potential concepts according to CTQ list. According to the results obtained it was possible to conclude that the use of a methodology has changed the way we would follow. This work was related to the technology identification to a process to join metal pieces. Initial idea was to use a certain technology and all team trusted on that. The methodology showed that it does not work and presented a very simpler and cheaper technology that met all customer requirements.
|Maintainability Program Standard Implementation Guide
|Reliability Program Handbook
|Reliability Program Standard Implementation Guide
- Marcelo Machado Fernandes - Delphi Corporation, UNIFEI
- Antonio Cesar Rosati - Delphi Corporation, Delphi Packard Electrical / Electronic Architecture
- Didimo Garcia Neto - Delphi Corporation, Delphi Packard Electrical / Electronic Architecture
- Frank Kenji Goto - Delphi Corporation, Delphi Packard Electrical / Electronic Architecture
- Helio Maciel - Delphi Corporation, Delphi Packard Electrical / Electronic Architecture
- Juliano Fujioka Mologni - Delphi Corporation, Delphi Packard Electrical / Electronic Architecture