This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Characterization and Lubricity Testing (SRV Wear Tester) of Diesel and Diesel Biodiesel (LOME) Blends
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published January 09, 2008 by The Automotive Research Association of India in India
Annotation ability available
Event: Fifth International SAE India Mobility Conference on Emerging Automotive Technologies Global and Indian Perspective
The main aim of this work is to optimize the transesterification process for production of Biodiesel from linseed oil, which has better properties of Viscosity, Flash point, and Calorific value. Efforts have been made to optimize transesterification process for Biodiesel production by considering methanol quantity, potassium hydroxide quantity, reaction time, reaction temperature and stirrer speed. Different analytical methods such as TLC, NIR Spectroscopy, and 1H NMR Method are used to analyze transesterification reaction. In addition to this, various Physio-Thermal properties and lubricity of Biodiesel (Linseed Oil Methyl Ester-LOME) and Diesel - Biodiesel blends were studied using SRV Wear tester machine and these are compared with that of petrodiesel.
|Technical Paper||Challenges of ‘Green Fuel’ in Filtration System|
|Technical Paper||Alternative Fuels: Development of a Biodiesel B20 Purchase Description|
CitationBhusnoor, S., Babu, a., and Subrahmanyam, b., "Characterization and Lubricity Testing (SRV Wear Tester) of Diesel and Diesel Biodiesel (LOME) Blends," SAE Technical Paper 2008-28-0042, 2008, https://doi.org/10.4271/2008-28-0042.
- Babu A K Devardjane J Vegetable Oils and their Derivatives as Fuels for C.I. Engines: An Overview SAE 2003 406 417
- Ramadhas AS Jayaraj S Murlidharan C Characterization and effect of using Rubber Seed Oil as Fuel in Compression Ignition Engines Renewable Energy 2005 30 795 803
- Ramprasad, Anjana S. Triglycerides-based Diesel Fuels Renewable and Sustainable Energy 2004 4 111 133
- Bhusnoor SS Gajendra Babu MK Subrahmanyam JP Optimization of Transesterification Process for Biodiesel Production from Linseed Oil SAE 2006-28-0046
- Bhatt YC Murthy NS Datta RK Use of Mahua Oil (Madhuca Indica) as a Diesel Fuel Extender IE (I) Journal-AG 2004 85 10 14
- Naik SN VidyaSagar D Mether LC Technical aspects of Biodiesel Production by Transesterification-A review Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 2004 29 1 21
- Raheman H Ghadge VS Biodiesel Production from Mahua (Madhuca Indica) oil having high Free Fatty Acids Biomass and Bioenergy 2005 28 601 605
- Kapur GS Sarpal AS Sarita G Mookken RT A Protocol for Unambiguous identification of Components in Synthetic Ester based Lubricants using Modern NMR Experiments SAE 2006 28 0045 1 6
- Rajiv KR Brahma Amjad A Sudha T Rao PVC A Novel Method for the Estimation of Biodiesel Conversions and Finger Printing Analysis of Different Vegetable Oils using 1 H & 13C NMR and Comparison with HPLC SAE 20006 28 0047 27 34
- Gerhard K Kevin RS Lubricity of Components of Biodiesel and Petrodiesel, the Origin of Biodiesel Lubricity Energy & Fuels 2005 19 1192 1200
- Hu Jianbo Du Zexue Li Changxiu Min Enze Study on the lubrication properties of biodiesel as fuel lubricity enhancers Fuel 2005 84 1601 1606
- Jayashree B Atul S Agarwal AK Assessment of Lubricity of Biodiesel blends in Reciprocating wear mode SAE 2004 2117 2124