This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Motor Vehicle Safety in the Global Environment
Published October 20, 2008 by Convergence Transportation Electronics Association in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: Convergence 2008
This paper presents a very brief discussion of views concerning motor vehicle safety, technology development, trends in personal mobility, shared responsibilities regarding the public health challenge, and the vision for a future state. This discussion is broad in scope and therefore presents a very high level overview of the current and a possible future state, and also enables consideration of potential areas to consider in reducing risk for crash and injury reduction.
CitationLange, R., "Motor Vehicle Safety in the Global Environment," SAE Technical Paper 2008-21-0030, 2008.
- World Health Organization VIP News Alert: New World Health Statistics report predicts increases in injuries and violence by 2030.” 23 May 2008
- World Health Organization “World Health Statistics -2008.”
- World Health Organization World Bank Global Road Safety Partnership “World report on road traffic injury prevention.” 2004
- Department of Transportation, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration “Traffic Safety Facts 2006 Annual Report.” DOT HS 810 818
- Department of Transportation, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration “2007 Traffic Safety Annual Assessment - Highlights.” DOT HS 811 017 August 2008