This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Basic Study on Optimization in Transportation Environment of Fruits and Vegetables (Part 4)~Examination of Freight Vibration in Post Harvest Handling of Agricultural Products
Published May 21, 2008 by Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan in Japan
Event: JSAE Spring Meeting
Post harvest handling of agricultural products plays an important role in modern agricultural production. Most losses of agricultural products occur during transport since these products are subject to serious physical damage from vibration. The final goal of our study is to develop the packaging and container method of agricultural products without generating any transport losses. In this study, we investigate the influence of the truck bed vibration on strawberry packages using theoretical analysis with the essential model and experimental modal analysis.
- Masamichi Kojima - Kanagawa Industrial Technology Center
- Akinori Fujiya - Kanagawa Industrial Technology Center
- Hiroshi Uchida - National Federation of Agricultural Cooperative Associations
- Satoshi Konno - National Federation of Agricultural Cooperative Associations
- Kiyayasu Sato - National Federation of Agricultural Cooperative Associations
- Yoshiaki Itoh - Kanagawa Prefecture Industrial Promotion Division