This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Relationship Driver Behavior and Traffic Circumstance Based on Analysis of Forward Collision Near-Miss Incident Data in Car Following Situation
Published May 21, 2008 by Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan in Japan
Event: JSAE Spring Meeting
In order to analyze the incident mechanism of traffic accident, we analyze focusing on near-miss incident data in car following situation. The data has the features which the time headway is shorter and the reaction time is longer than the normal braking in a car following situation. The incident shows the traffic circumstance strongly influenced the driver behavior. This paper shows the traffic circumstance strongly influenced the driver behavior. Moreover, it shows the trend that the behavior of the vehicle in the adjacent lane affects the driving behavior as they might reduce situation awareness to the forward vehicle resulting in the shorter time headway.
- Yohei Michitsuji - Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology
- Masao Nagai - Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology
- Katsumi Moro - Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan
- Motoki Shino - The University of Tokyo
- Yosuke Okada - The University of Tokyo
- Minoru Kamata - The University of Tokyo