This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Study of Parameter Optimization and Control for a Semi-Track Air-Cushion Vehicle Based on Fuel Consumption Minimization
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 07, 2008 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A semi-track air-cushion vehicle (STACV) which combines an air-cushion lifting system with a semi-track propulsion system is an efficient solution for heavy-duty vehicles working on soft terrain, such as the vehicles for agricultural, oil industrial and military purposes. Focusing on optimizing fuel economy of the vehicle, five main issues are studied in this paper. Firstly, based on the analyses of resistances for the STACV in a sandy loam working condition, a theoretical model for fuel consumption of 100km, which is an evaluation index for fuel economy, is established. Secondly, through simplified by a group of constraint equations based on the physical structure of the vehicle, the running parameters and control target (fuel consumption of 100km) could be expressed by the following two measurable and adjustable parameters, fan rotational speed and vehicle forward speed. Thirdly, a genetic algorithms (GA) model is designed to optimize the fuel consumption and to get the relevant parameters off line as control objectives of status variables of a control system. Fourthly, the control system with a fuzzy PID controller and a GA-based PID controller is built to achieve the minimal fuel consumption by regulating fan rotational speed and vehicle forward speed respectively. Fifthly, simulations are performed in a MATLAB/Simulink software environment. The result illustrates that this control system works efficiently and steadily.
CitationXu*, S. and Yu, F., "Study of Parameter Optimization and Control for a Semi-Track Air-Cushion Vehicle Based on Fuel Consumption Minimization," SAE Technical Paper 2008-01-2656, 2008, https://doi.org/10.4271/2008-01-2656.
- Ozsoysal R “Hydrodynamic characteristics of special type ships,” Naval Engineers Journal 2004 116 1 91 95
- Chung J Sullivan P. A. “Linear Heave Dynamics of an Air Cushion Vehicle Bag and Finger Skirt,” Transaction of Japan Society for Aeronautical and Space Sciences 43 140 2000 39 45
- Luo Z Yu F Chen B C “Design of a novel semi-tracked air-cushion vehicle,” Int. J. of Vehicle Design 2003 31 1 112 123
- He W Liu Z D Ma Y F Song M “The rise stability of air-cushion vehicle,” Journal of Computer Simulation 2006 2 3 204 206 229
- Xu S Zhou K Luo Z Yu F “Study of fuzzy PID control for a semi-track air-cushion vehicle based on power consumption optimization,” Proceedings of 2006 IEEE International Conference on Vehicular Electronics and Safety 2006 Dec. 13-15 Shanghai 440 444
- Bekker M. G. Introduction to Terrain-Vehicle System Beijing China Machine Press 1978
- Zhang Y G “Structure design and study of energy-saving mechanics for a semi-track air-cushion vehicle,” Changchun Jilin University of Technology 2000
- Wong J Y Theory of Ground Vehicle Beijing China Machine Press 1985 254 285
- Liu J K MATLAB Simulation for advanced PID Control 2nd ed Beijing Publish House of Electronics Industry 2004
- Xu S Luo Z Yu F Zhou K Zhang Y C “Slip ratio control simulation for a semi-track air-cushion vehicle based on total power consumption minimization,” Journal of System Simulation