This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Visualization of Micro Structure in a Diesel Spray by Use of Photography with High Spatial Resolution
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 06, 2008 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
It is very much necessary for researchers and engineers whose work is the field of combustion in a CI engine to find the information of droplets in a diesel spray. The information is strongly required to construct the model of spray built in the numerical code for its simulation and to be used for the verification of the accuracy of the calculation. This paper describes the photographing system with high spatial resolution, the distribution of droplet size and the vortex scale caused by the droplets motion by means of this system.
CitationFujimoto, H., Hori, T., Senda, J., Nakagawa, H. et al., "Visualization of Micro Structure in a Diesel Spray by Use of Photography with High Spatial Resolution," SAE Technical Paper 2008-01-2465, 2008, https://doi.org/10.4271/2008-01-2465.
- Maeda, M., Akasaka, Y., kawaguchi, T., “Improvement of the Interferometric Technique for Simultaneous Measurement of Droplet Size and Velocity Vector Field and Its Application to a Transient Spray”, Experiments in Fluids, Vol. 33, pp.125-134, (2002).
- Fujimoto, H., Tanabe, H., Sato, G. T., Kuniyoshi, H., “Investigation on Combustion in Medium Speed Marine Diesel Engine Using Model Chambers” Proc. 13th CIMAC (Vienna), D-52, pp.1-29, (1979).
- Fujimoto, H., Kuniyoshi, H., Sato, G. T., Ishii, Y., Endo, Y., “Investigation on Combustion in Medium Speed Marine Diesel Engine Using Model Chambers” Proc. 12th CIMAC (Tokyo), B-23, pp.1853-1900, (1977).
- Takeuchi, K., Senda, J., Shikuya, M., “Transient Characteristics of Fuel Atomization and Droplet Size Distribution in Diesel Fuel Spray”, SAE Paper, No. 830449, (1983).
- Adam, A., Inukai, N., Kidoguchi, Y., Miwa, K., “A study on Droplets Evaporation at Diesel Spray Boundary during Ignition Delay Period”, SAE Paper, No. 2007-01-1893, (2007)
- Nakagawa, H., Kamata, S., Hori, T., Senda, J., Fujimoto, H., “Novel Photographic Imaging Method for Diesel Spray Structure with New Lens and Large Sized Film System”, Proc. ICLASS-2006 (Kyoto), Paper ID ICLASS06-119, pp.1-5, (2006), CD-ROM.
- Kaene, R. D., Adrian, R. J., “Theory of Cross-Correlation Analysis of PIV Images”, Applied Scientific Research, Vol. 49, pp. 191-215, (1992).
- Fujimoto, H., Takagishi, S., Takahashi, T., Dan T., Senda J., “Flow Characteristics in a Transient Spray by Means of PIV”, Proc. VJJ-SPIE98, (Yokohama), No. AB003, pp. 1-18, (1998), CD-ROM.
- Fujimoto, H., Tanaka, T., Ashida, K., Yeom, J.-K., Senda, J., “Flow Characteristics inside Liquid Phase in an Evaporating Spray by Means of PIV”, Proc. 10th Symposium on Application of Laser Technique in Fluid Mechanics, (Lisbon), No. 25-1, pp. 1-8, (2000), CD-ROM.
- Dingel, B., Kawata, S. Minami, S., “Speckle Reduction with Virtual Incoherent Laser Illumination Using Modified Fiber Array”, Optics, Vol. 94, No. 3, (1993), pp.132-136.
- Azetsu, A., Dodo, S., Someya, T., Oikawa, C., “Study on the Structure of Diesel Spray (2-DVisualization of the Non-Evaporating Spray)”, Proc. COMODIA 90, (Kyoto), pp.199-204, (1990).
- Dan, T., Takagishi, S., Senda, J., Fujimoto, H., “Effect of Ambient Gas Properties on Characteristics of Non-Reacting Diesel Fuel Spray”, SAE Paper, No.970352, (1997).
- Liu, Y., Ishiyama, T., Miwa, K., “Image Analysis of Droplets in Diesel Sprays”, Trans. JSME (B), Vol. 61, No. 585, pp. 113-119, (1995), (in Japanese).
- Hori, T., Kuge, T., Senda, J., Fujimoto, H., “Large Eddy Simulation of Diesel Spray Structure in Constant Volume Vessel by Use of KIVALES”, Proc. ICLASS-2006 (Kyoto), Paper ID ICLASS06-204, pp.1-8, (2006), CD-ROM.
- Crowe, C. T., Gore, R. A., Troutt, T. R., “Particle Dispersion by Coherent Structures in Free Shear Flows”, Particulate Science and Technology, Vol. 3, Issue 3-4, pp. 149-158, (1985).