This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Pressure and Temperature Dependent Formation Process of up to Triple-Ring PAH from Benzene
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 06, 2008 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The formation pathway for poly aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) has been studied by not only fundamental chemists but also motor engineers due to the formation of nanoparticle precursors and soot in vehicle emissions. In this study, the formation process of up to triple-ring PAHs was investigated using a flow tube reactor. The gaseous products from the pyrolysis of benzene were analyzed by using GC-MS in the temperature range of 850 - 1277 K and pressure range of 50 - 760 mmHg. We found that PAH products formed at temperatures greater than 1050 K, and the formation process was pressure dependent.
CitationSuzaki, K., Yamada, H., and Goto, Y., "Pressure and Temperature Dependent Formation Process of up to Triple-Ring PAH from Benzene," SAE Technical Paper 2008-01-2437, 2008, https://doi.org/10.4271/2008-01-2437.
- Geichaskiel B. Ntziachristos L. Samaras Z. Scheer V. Casati R. Vogt R. “Formation potential of vehicle exhaust nucleation mode particles on-road and in the laboratory” Atmospheric Environment 39 3191 3198 2005
- Dockery D. W. Pope C. A. “Acute respiratory effects of particulate air pollution Roberto to add title Annual Reviews of Public Health 15 107 132 1994
- Frencklach M. “Reaction mechanism of soot formation in flames” Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 4 2028 2037 2002
- Shukla B. Susa A. Miyoshi A Koshi M. “In Situ Direct Sampling Mass Spectrometric Study on Formation of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons in Toluene Pyrolysis” J. Phys. Chem. A 111 8308 8324 2007
- Shukla B. Miyoshi A. Koshi M. “Chemical Kinetic Mechanism of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbon Growth and Soot Formation” J. Combust. Societ. Japan 50 151 8 18
- Shukla B. Susa A. Miyoshi A. Koshi M. “Role of Phenyl Radicals in the Growth of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons” J. Phys. Chem. A 112 2362 2369 2008
- Richter H. Howard J. B. “Formation and Consumption of single-ring aromatic hydrocarbons and their precursors in premixed acetylene, ethylene and benzene flames” Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys 4 2038 2055 2002
- Richter H. Grieco W. J. Howard J. B. “Formation Mechanism of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons and Fullerenes in Premixed Benzene Flames” Combust. Flame 119 1 22 1999
- Wang R. Cadman P. “Soot and PAH Production from Spray Combustion of Different Hydrocarbons Behind Reflected Shock Waves” Combust and Flame 112 359 370 1998
- Lifshitz A. Tamburu C. Dubnikova F. “Reactions of 1-Naphthyl Radicals with Ethylene. Single Pulse Shock Tube Experiments, Quantum Chemical, Trasition State Theory, and Multiwell Calculations” 112 925 933 2008
- Madden L. K. Moskaleva L. V. Kristyan S. Lin M. C. “Ab Initio MO Study of the Unimolecular Decomposition of the Phenyl Radical” J. Phys. Chem. A 101 6790 6797 1997
- Richter H. Mazyar O. A. Sumathi R. Green W. H. Howard J. B. Bozzelli J. W. “Detailed Kinetic Study of the Growth of Small Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons. 1. 1-Naphthyl + Ethylene” J. Phys. Chem. A 105 1561 1573 2001