This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Effects of New Composite Oxygenated Fuel on the Combustion and Emission Performances of Diesel Engine
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published June 23, 2008 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The physical and chemical characteristics of a new composite oxygenated fuel, whose code name was FHYJ, and F10 (conventional diesel blended with 10% FHYJ by volume and no additives) have been analyzed, the power, economy, combustion performances and emission have been discussed and compared when burning F10 and diesel fuel in a four-stroke, direct injection and naturally aspirated four cylinders automotive diesel engine.
The results indicate that FHYJ can be used blended with conventional diesel in automotive engines without any modifications to the engine. FHYJ is more suitable to diesel engine for its better performances. The combustion velocity can be increased, while the knocking tendency can be decreased. FHYJ/diesel blend fuel is much friendlier to the environment than fossil fuel, especially with regard to reducing smoke emission.
CitationGongping, M., Zhong, W., Shiqiang, G., and Yongqi, L., "Effects of New Composite Oxygenated Fuel on the Combustion and Emission Performances of Diesel Engine," SAE Technical Paper 2008-01-1814, 2008, https://doi.org/10.4271/2008-01-1814.
- Frusteri, F. Spadaro, L. Beatrice, C. “Oxygenated additives production for diesel engine emission improvement,” Chemical Engineering Journal 134 239 2007
- Bangquan, H. Shijin, S. Jianxin, W. “The effect of ethanol blended diesel fuels on emissions from a diesel engine,” Atmospheric Environment 37 4965 2003
- Zhong, W. Yinnan, Y. Deqing, M. “Experimental study on combustion process of Biodiesel fuel with end scope high speed photography,” Transactions 0f CSICE 25 163 2007
- Yang, W. Jing, W. Chuntao, S. “Study on the emission characteristic of a methanol fuel gasoline engine,” Transactions of CSICE 25 73 2007
- Ying, W. Longbao, Z. Hewu, W. “Diesel emission improvements by the use of oxygenated DME/diesel blend fuels,” Atmospheric Environment 40 2313 2006
- Qingshuang, S. Genbao, L. Longbao, Z. “Study on performances and emission diesel engine fuelled with blend characteristics of direct of dimethyl ether/diesel injection fuel,” Journal of Xi'an Jaotong University 40 294 2006
- Xiaolu, L. Hongyan, C. Zhiyong, Zhu “Study of combustion and emission characteristics of a diesel engine operated with dimethyl carbonate,” Energy Conversion and Management 47 1438 2006
- Guangde, Z. Zhen, H. Wugao, Z. “Effect of the oxygenated additive DMC on the combustion and emission performances of diesel engines,” Journal of Combustion Science and Technology,” 8 385 2006
- Xueliang, H. Shusong, L. “Combustion of internal-combustion engine,” China Machine Press 1990
- Zhong, W. Yinnan, y. Baolu, L. Deqing, M. Ping, S. “Experimental study on the emission characteristics of biodiesel fuel,” Transactions of the CSAE 21 77 2005