This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Modeling and Simulation of a PEM Fuel Cell Engine
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published June 23, 2008 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In this paper, a model of PEM fuel cell engine is presented which consists of several main sub-systems: Air system, Hydrogen system, Water and heat management system, and Control system. In order to establish sub-models of key parts, empirical and theoretical equations are both utilized. This model allows the simulation of steady-state performance of PEM fuel cell engine with the functions as follows: (1) Conveniently and efficiently testing the performance of PEM fuel cell engine by matching different modularized key parts models;(2) Studying the behavior of air system when changing its pressure and flow, and the influence to the performance of PEM fuel cell engine, (3) Studying the influences of temperature, relative humidity on the performance of PEM fuel cell engine by the simulation of water and heat management of PEM fuel cell engine;(4) Studying the influence of different control strategies on the performance of PEM fuel cell engine.(5) According to the power requirement and driving cycle to calculate the water used in the DI water tank which is useful to the tank volume design.
CitationXusichuan, ., Nihuaisheng, ., Xubin, ., Lewei, . et al., "Modeling and Simulation of a PEM Fuel Cell Engine," SAE Technical Paper 2008-01-1799, 2008, https://doi.org/10.4271/2008-01-1799.
- bao Chen Ouyang Minggao Yi Baolian Analysis of the water and thermal management in proton exchange membrane fuel cell systems International Journal of Hydrogen Energy 31 2006 1040 1057
- Hussain M.M. Baschuk J.J. Li X. Dincer I. Thermodynamic analysis of a PEM fuel cell power system International Journal of Thermal Sciences 44 2005 903 911
- Bao Cheng Ouyang Minggao Yi Ballian Modeling and optimization of the air system in polymer exchange membrane fuel cell systems Journal of Power Sources 156 2006 232 243
- Matamoros Luis Bruggemann Dieter Simulation of the water and heat management in proton exchange membrane fuel cells Journal of Power Sources 161 2006 203 213
- Zhang Yangjun Ouyang Minggao Lu Qingchun Luo Jianxi Li Xihao A model predicting Performance of proton exchange membrane fuel cell stack thermal systems Applied Thermal Engineering 24 2004 501 513
- bao Chen Ouyang Minggao Yi Baolian Modeling and control of air stream and hydrogen flow with recirculation in a PEM fuel cell system - I.Control-oriented modeling International Journal of Hydrogen Energy 31 2006 1879 1896
- bao Chen Ouyang Minggao Yi Baolian Modeling and control of air stream and hydrogen flow with recirculation in a PEM fuel cell system - II.Linear and adaptive nonlinear control International Journal of Hydrogen Energy 31 2006 1897 1913
- Cai Yinghua Hu Jun Effect of water transport properties on a PEM fuel cell operating with dry hydrogen Electrochimica Acta 51 2006 6361 6366
- Gurski Stephen Daniel Cold-start effects on performance and efficiency for vehicle fuel cell systems Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University 2002
- Klaus Tubes Visualization of water buildup in the cathode of a transparent PEM fuel cell[J] Battery 2004 34 4 301 303
- Chen The experiment research of the heat transfer performance of aluminum-made automobile radiator[D], master dissertation of university of shanghai for science and technology 2005 1
- Sichuan Xu Qin Cheng Peng Li Design of the Enthalpy Wheel Humidifier for Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles Automobile Technology 2006 3
- Larminie James Dicks Andrew Fuel Cell Systems Explained[M] 2nd Edition 2003 John Wiley & Sons Ltd.