This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Study of the Control Strategy of the Plateau Self-adapted Turbocharging System for Diesel Engine
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published June 23, 2008 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A plateau self-adapted turbocharging system based on variable geometry turbocharger (VGT) technology is proposed to solve the problem of diesel engine operating at plateau. The control strategy of the plateau self-adapted turbocharging system is studied using a GT-Power engine model. The control strategy is based on the optimization of the VGT nozzle vane position at various engine operating conditions and various altitudes. Simulation results show that by optimizing the matching and controlling the VGT, the performance of the engine matched with VGT can be improved significantly compared with the one matched with FGT (fixed geometry turbocharger) at various altitudes. Surge and overspeed phenomena of the turbocharger can also be avoided.
|Technical Paper||Development of VFT (Variable Flow Turbocharger)|
|Technical Paper||The Effect of a Turbocharger Clearance Control Coating on the Performance and Emissions of a 2-Stroke Diesel Engine|
|Technical Paper||Trends in turbocharger applications|
CitationZhang, H., Zhuge, W., Zhang, Y., and Hu, L., "Study of the Control Strategy of the Plateau Self-adapted Turbocharging System for Diesel Engine," SAE Technical Paper 2008-01-1636, 2008, https://doi.org/10.4271/2008-01-1636.
- Wang Jun “Study on the Plateau Adapting Technology of WD615 Diesel Engine” SHANDONG I. C. E. 3 2003
- Li Wenxiang gao Wei Yuan Zhiyuan Xing Xichun Wang Yanyan Xu Xiangyang “Study on Adaptability of CA6110/125Z1A2 Turbocharged Diesel Engine in Qing Zang Plateau” Automobile Technology 7 2001
- Ye Linbao Yang Lin Gao Zhihong “Research on Highland Performance of Turbocharged Diesel Engine for Vehicle” Modern Vehicle Power 1 2006
- Fosberry R. A. C. Holubecki Z. “Some Consideration of the Effect of Atmospheric Conditions on the performance of Automotive Diesel Engines” SAE paper 660744
- Wu T. Mc Aulay K. J. “Predicting Diesel Engine Performance at Various Ambient Conditions” SAE paper 730148
- Kanji Ohashi Yoshitada Uchiyama Guelin Yu Kazuo Kontani “Influence of Environmental Conditions on Diesel Engine Performance” Journal of Mechanical Engineering Laboratory 43 6 1989
- Shen Lizhong Shen Yungang Yan Wensheng Xu Junding “Combustion Process of Diesel Engines at Regions with Different Altitude” SAE paper 950857
- Shen Lizhong Shen Yinggang “Experiment Study of Exhaust Characteristics of Diesel Engines in plateau Regions” 27th International Symposium on Automotive Technology and Automation Gemany, Aachen Nov 1994
- Zhang Jiancun Pan Liqun “Study on Turbocharger Performance Matching for High Altitude Diesel Engine” Desing & Manufacture of Diesel Engine 14 3 2005
- Baines Nicholas C. “Fundamentals of Turbocharging” Concepts NREC 2005
- Filipi Zoran Wang Yongsheng Assanis Dennis “Effect of Variable Geometry Turbine (VGT) on Diesel Engine and Vehicle System Transient Response” SAE paper 2001-01-1247