This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Optimization of an SCR Catalyst System to Meet EUIV Heavy Duty Diesel Legislation
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published June 23, 2008 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper describes the development and characterization of a selective catalytic reduction (SCR) catalyst system for a typical EUIV heavy-duty diesel (HDD) engine. The performance of the SCR catalyst and the impact of catalyst volume are described. The effect of using an ammonia slip catalyst behind the SCR catalyst is investigated, before examples of the use of computer modelling to refine the optimum volume and urea injection strategy are given. Finally, the durability of the SCR catalyst is described.
Taken as a whole, the results demonstrate how a combination of practical experiments and computer modelling can be used to refine the system and provide a cost-effective exhaust aftertreatment (EA) solution.
|Technical Paper||Investigation of a Catalyst and Engine Management Solution to Meet LEV III - SULEV with Reduced PGM|
|Technical Paper||NO/NO 2 Ratio based NH 3 Control of a SCR|
|Technical Paper||Vanadia-Based SCR Systems to Achieve EUIV HDD legislation|
- Phil Blakeman - Johnson Matthey Emission Control Technologies
- Karl Arnby - Johnson Matthey Emission Control Technologies
- Per Marsh - Johnson Matthey Emission Control Technologies
- Colin Newman - Johnson Matthey Emission Control Technologies
- Gudmund Smedler - Johnson Matthey Emission Control Technologies
CitationBlakeman, P., Arnby, K., Marsh, P., Newman, C. et al., "Optimization of an SCR Catalyst System to Meet EUIV Heavy Duty Diesel Legislation," SAE Technical Paper 2008-01-1542, 2008, https://doi.org/10.4271/2008-01-1542.
- Chandler GR Cooper BJ Harris JP Thoss JE Uusimaki AJ Walker AP Warren JP SAE 2000-01-0188
- Gieshoff J Schafer-Sindlinger A Spurk PC van den Tillaart JAA Garr G SAE 2000-01-0189
- Walker AP Allansson R Blakeman PG Lavenius M Erkfeldt S Landalv H Ball B Harrod P Manning D Bernegger L SAE 2003-01-0778
- Huennekes E van der Heijden P Patchett J SAE 2006-01-0640
- Lulin Q Liu B SAE 2007-01-1935
- York AEP Watling TC Cox JP Jones IZ Walker AP Blakeman PG Ilkenhans T Allansson R Lavenius M SAE 2004-01-0155
- Bardasz E Mackney D Britton N Kleinschek G Olofsson K Murray I Walker AP SAE 2003-01-1963
- Walker AP Blakeman PG Ilkenhans T MacDonald AC Kleijwegt P Stunnenberg F Sanchez M SAE 2004-01-1289