This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of a Model Based Predictive Controller for Lane Keeping Assistance
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 14, 2008 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Lane keeping assistant system (LKAS) is expected to reduce the driver workload with assisting the driver during driving and is regarded as a promising active safety system. For the proposed LKAS which requires cooperative driving between driver and the assistance system, a Model Based Predictive Controller (MBPC) is proposed to minimize the effect of system overshoot caused by the time delay from the vision-based lane detection system. In order to validate the proposed LKAS controller, a HIL (Hardware In the Loop) simulator is built using steering mechanism, single camera, torque motor, sensors, etc. The performance of the proposed system is demonstrated in various roadways.
CitationHwang, J., Huh, K., Na, H., Jung, H. et al., "Development of a Model Based Predictive Controller for Lane Keeping Assistance," SAE Technical Paper 2008-01-1454, 2008, https://doi.org/10.4271/2008-01-1454.
- Horiuchi. S. Sunada. K. 1998 Synthesis of Driver Assistance System for Lane-Following Using Generalized Predictive Control Proc. of AVEC'98 467 472
- KoSeck. J. Blasi. R. Taylor. C. J. Malik. J. 1998 A Comparative Study of Vision-Based Lateral Control Strategies for Autonomous Highway Driving Proceedings of the 1998 IEEE, International Conference on Robotics & Automation 1903 1908
- Leelavansuk, P. Shitamitsu. K. Mouri. H. Nagai. M. 2002 Study on cooperative control of driver and Lane-Keeping Assistance system In Proceedings of the International Symposium on Advanced Vehicle Control (AVEC) 219 224
- Rossetter. E. J. Switkes. J. P. Gerdes. J. C. 2004 Experimental Validation of the Potential Field Lanekeeping System International Journal of Automotive Technology vol. 5 No. 2 95 108
- Shimakage. M. Satoh. S. Uenuma. K. Mouri. H. 2002 Design of lane-keeping control withsteering torque input JSAE Rev. 23 317 323
- Omae. M. Shimizu. H. 2006 Comparison of Lane-keep Assists by using Steering Torque, Steering Angular Velocity and Steering Angle Proceedings of AVEC '06
- Rajamani. R. 2006 Vehicle Dynamics and Control Springer
- Clarke. D 1994 Advaces in Model-Based Predictive Control Oxford Science Publications
- Huh. K. Park. J. Hong. D. Cho. D.D. Park. J. 2005 Development of a vision-based lane detection system considering configuration aspects Optics and Lasers in Engineering 41 11 1193 213
- Bertozzi. M. Broggi. A. 1998 GOLD: A Parallel Real-Time Stereo Vision System for Generic Obstacle and Lane Detection IEEE Transactions on Image Processing 7 62 81