This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
High Throughput Computation of Optical Flow with a High Frame-Rate Camera
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 14, 2008 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper presents a new method for calculating optical flow using data from a high frame-rate camera. We focused on a feature of image data captured with a high frame-rate camera in which objects do not move more than one pixel between successive frames. This approach eliminates repetitive processing for object identification among frames taken at different sampling times. High-speed processing hardware architecture was designed with sequential processing only, and the algorithm was implemented in a field programmable gate array. The resultant unit can calculate optical flow for a 640×120 pixel size image with a 480-Hz processing cycle and 0.5-μsec processing latency.
|Journal Article||Endoscopic Imaging of Early Flame Propagation in a Near-Production Engine|
|Technical Paper||Real Time Drivable Surface Determination Based on Stereo Vision|
|Technical Paper||Real-Time Soil and Crop Sensors - How Well Do They Work?|
CitationWatanabe, S., Nishiuchi, H., Mitsuishi, K., and Satoh, H., "High Throughput Computation of Optical Flow with a High Frame-Rate Camera," SAE Technical Paper 2008-01-0900, 2008, https://doi.org/10.4271/2008-01-0900.
- Kawazoe H. Murakami T. Sadano O. Suda K. Ono H. “Development of a lane-keeping support system, ” Proc. of Intelligent Vehicle Initiative Technology and Navigation Systems 29 35 Society of Automotive Engineers, Inc 2001
- Shiraishi T. Watanabe T. Takikawa T. Satou A. “Development Status of Driver Support Technologies, ” Nissan Technical Review 56 46 51 2005
- Tsuji T. Nagaoka S. Hashimoto H. “Development of a Support System for Nighttime Pedestrian Recognition, ” Preprint of JSAE Scientific Lecture Series, 20055287 2005
- Uechi K. Kotaka K. Akabane H. “Development of Honda Pre-crash Safety Systems, ” Honda R&D Technical Review 16 2 115 120 2004
- Hartmann E. “Driver Vision Requirements, ” Proc. of Society of Automotive Engineering, 700392 1970
- Agui T. Nagao T. Image Processing and Recognition, Shokodo, ISBN: 4785690437 Tokyo, Japan 1992
- Horn B.K.P. Schunck B.G. “Determining optical flow, ” Artificial Intelligence 17 185 204 1981