This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Mobile Laboratory for On-board and Ambient Level Emissions Measurement
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 14, 2008 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Although engine emissions per vehicle have been reduced for twenty years with technical developments in the fields of engine, after-treatment technologies and fuels the urban air pollution problem still exists in many cities around the world. Forthcoming emission regulations will require further development of new complex technologies to reach low emissions. On-board driving assessment of such technologies offers significant advantages in the development phase of novel emission reduction. In this paper we present the design, development and commissioning of a mobile laboratory able to monitor on-board along the exhaust line gaseous and particulate pollutants as well as measure these pollutants in the ambient environment around the vehicle.
CitationZarvalis, D., Tsakis, A., Konstandopoulos, A., Prati, M. et al., "A Mobile Laboratory for On-board and Ambient Level Emissions Measurement," SAE Technical Paper 2008-01-0756, 2008, https://doi.org/10.4271/2008-01-0756.
- Bukowiecki N. Dommen J. Prevot A.S.H. Richter R. Weingartner E. Baltensperger U. “A mobile pollutant measurement laboratory-measuring gas phase and aerosol ambient concentrations with high spatial and temporal resolution” Atmospheric Environment 36 2002 5569 5579
- Kittelson, D.B. Johnson, J. Watts, W. Wei, Q. Drayton, M. Paulsen, D. Bukowiecki, N. “Diesel sampling in the atmosphere” SAE Technical Paper No. 2000-01-2212
- Seakins, P.W. Lansley, D.L. Hodgson, A. Huntley, N. Pope, F. 2002 New directions: mobile laboratory reveals new issues in urban air quality Atmospheric Environment 36 1247 1248
- Pirjola L Parviainen H. Lappi M. Hämeri K. Hussein T. “A Novel Mobile Laboratory for “Chasing” City Traffic” SAE Technical Paper No. 2004-01-1962
- “Diesel aerosol sampling methodology-CRC” 2002 Kittelson D. Minneapolis
- Abdul-Khalek, I.S. Kittelson, D.B. Brear, F. 1999 Influence of dilution conditions on diesel exhaust particle size distribution measurements SAE Technical Paper Series No 1999-01-1142
- Bukowiecki, N. Kittelson, D.B. Watts, W.F. Burtscher, H. Weingartner, E. Baltensperger, U. 2002 “Real-time characterization of ultrafine and accumulation mode particles in ambient combustion aerosols” Journal of Aerosol Science 33 1139 1154