This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Design Claims and Technical Solution Steps Generating the World First Full LED Headlamp
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 14, 2008 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In 2008 the first full LED (LED = Light Emitting Diode) headlamp will arrive to the worlds markets, providing all lighting functions with semiconductor based light emitting devices, LED.
The first Full LED headlamp differs in style and technology from other headlamps. Target was to find a face that fulfils the demands of the stylists and also gives the possibility to be assembled, to fulfill customer specs and legal requirements. Fulfilling this, the development showed various intermediate steps. As LED is still a evolving technology, mature and fixed technical solutions were and are not always existing. So technical solutions had to be developed under the constraints of new technology and regarding the existing mechanical and electrical environment in the car.
CitationHamm, M. and Huhn, W., "Design Claims and Technical Solution Steps Generating the World First Full LED Headlamp," SAE Technical Paper 2008-01-0337, 2008, https://doi.org/10.4271/2008-01-0337.
- ACKERMANN, R. LED Headlamps - possibilities and problems PAL.Progress in Automotive Lighting 2003
- HAMM, M. Necessity of New Approaches for LED Headlamp Design SAE Technical Paper Series, 2005-01-0448
- SWOV Institute for Road Safety Research: Daytime Running Lamps Final Report (TNO). Report to EU-Project TREN/E2/27/27-2002 Leidschendam,NL 2003
- HEIDER; C. LED - Electronic light in electronic car ISAL 2007 Symposium Technische Universität Darmstadt 163
- BERLITZ, S. LED is now, what's next ? ISAL 2007 Symposium Technische Universität Darmstadt 123