This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Derivation of Vehicle-to-Vehicle Frontal Crash Pulse Estimates from Barrier Crash Data
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 14, 2008 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The BSAN crash pulse model has been shown to provide useful information for restraint sensing evaluation and for structural force-displacement studies in flat fixed rigid barrier (FFRB) crashes. This paper demonstrates a procedure by which the model may be extended for use with central and offset vehicle to vehicle (VTV) crashes through appropriate combinations of vehicle parameters.
|Journal Article||Crash Pulse and DeltaV Comparisons in a Series of Crash Tests with Similar Damage (BEV, EES)|
|Technical Paper||Crash Pulse Modeling of Force Limiting Structures|
|Technical Paper||Pulse Shape and Duration in Frontal Crashes|
CitationCrosby, C., Warner, C., Warner, M., and Galati, R., "Derivation of Vehicle-to-Vehicle Frontal Crash Pulse Estimates from Barrier Crash Data," SAE Technical Paper 2008-01-0174, 2008, https://doi.org/10.4271/2008-01-0174.
- Agaram V. Xu L. We J. Kostyniuk G. Nusholtz G. “Comparison of Frontal Crashes in Terms of Average Acceleration” SAE Techinical Paper 2000-01-0880 Society of Automotive Engineers Warrendale, PA 2000
- Brach R.M. Brach R.M. Vehicle Accident Analysis and Reconstruction Methods, SAE International Warrendale, PA 2005
- Campbell K. L. “Energy Basis for Collision Severity” SAE Paper # 740565 Society of Automotive Engineers Warrendale, PA 1974
- Galati R. “KINETAU User's Manual” 2 nd BCM LC Orem, UT June 2007
- Huang M. Vehicle Crash Mechanics SAE International/CRA Press New York, NY 2002
- “HVE Operating Manual” Engineering Dynamics Corp Beaverton, OR 2007
- R&D Vehicle Database and Software http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov
- Steffan H. “PC-Crash Version 7.3 Operating Manual” DSD Linz, Austria October 2006
- Warner C.Y. Warner M.H. Crosby C.L. Armstrong M.J. “Pulse Shape and Duration in Frontal Crashes”’ SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-0724 Society of Automotive Engineers Warrendale, PA 2007
- Warner C.Y. “KINETAU Technical Manual 2 nd BCM LC Orem UT December 2007
- Varat M.S. Husher S.E. “Vehicle Impact Response Analysis Through the Use of Accelerometer Data” SAE Paper 2000-01-0850 Society of Automotive Engineers Warrendale, PA March 2000