This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Model-Based Development of Distributed Embedded Real-Time Systems with the DECOS Tool-Chain
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 17, 2007 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The increasing complexity of distributed embedded systems, as found today in airplanes or cars, becomes more and more a critical cost-factor for their development. Model-based approaches have recently demonstrated their potential for both improving and accelerating (software) development processes. Therefore, in the project DECOS1, which aims at improving system architectures and development of distributed safety-critical embedded systems, an integrated, model-driven tool-chain is established, accompanying the system development process from design to deployment. This paper gives an overview of this tool-chain and outlines important design decisions and features.
- Wolfgang Herzner - Austrian Research Centers GmbH - ARC
- Rupert Schlick - Austrian Research Centers GmbH - ARC
- Martin Schlager - TTTech Computertechnik AG
- Bernhard Leiner - TTTech Computertechnik AG
- Bernhard Huber - Vienna University of Technology
- András Balogh - Budapest University of Technology and Economics
- György Csertan - Budapest University of Technology and Economics
- Alain LeGuennec - Esterel Technologies
- Thierry LeSergent - Esterel Technologies
- Neeraj Suri - Darmstadt University of Technology
- Shariful Islam - Darmstadt University of Technology
CitationHerzner, W., Schlick, R., Schlager, M., Leiner, B. et al., "Model-Based Development of Distributed Embedded Real-Time Systems with the DECOS Tool-Chain," SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-3827, 2007, https://doi.org/10.4271/2007-01-3827.
- HerznerW., SchlagerM., LeSergentT., Huber B., IslamS., SuriN., BaloghA. “From Model-Based Design to Deployment of Integrated, Embedded, Real-Time Systems: The DECOS Tool-Chain” Proc. (“Tagungsband”) of Microelectronics Conference ME'06, 11.-12 10.2006, Vienna/A)
- KopetzH., ObermaisserR., PetiP., SuriN. “From a Federated to an Integrated Architecture for Dependable Real-Time Embedded Systems.” Technical report 22/2004, TU Vienna, July 2004.
- KopetzH., and BauerG.(2003). “The Time-Triggered Architecture.” IEEE Special Issue on Modeling and Design of Embedded Software
- RTCA (1992) DO-178B: “Software Considerations in Airborne Systems and Equipment Certification. Radio Technical Commission for Aeronautics.” Inc. (RTCA), Washington, DC.
- SchlagerM., HerznerW., WolfA., GründonnerO., RosenblattlM., ErkingerE., “Encapsulating Application Subsystems Using the DECOS Core OS.” Proc. of SAFECOMP'06 (26.-29. 9.2006, Gdansk/P), 386-397, Springer LNCS, vol. 4166, Springer, 2006
- LeinerB., SchlagerM., ObermaisserR., HuberB., “A Comparison of Partitioning Operating Systems for Integrated Systems.” Accepted for publication at SAFECOMP'07 (18.-21. 9.2007, Nuremberg/G)
- OMG. “Model driven architecture, A technical perspective.”Technical report, OMG Document No. ab/2001-02-04, Object Management Group.
- PatariczaA. “Report about decision on meta model and tools for PIM specification.” DECOS deliverable D 1.1.1, Dec 2004.
- CsertanG., HuszerlG., MajzikI., PapZ., PatariczaA., and VarroD. “VIATRA: Visual automated transformations for formal verification and validation of UML models.” Proc. of the 17th IEEE Int. Conf. on Automated Software Engineering (ASE 2002), 267-270, IEEE (2002)
- LedecziA., MarotiM., BakayA., KarsaiG., GarretJ., ThomasonC., NordstromG., SprinkleJ., and VolgyesiP. “The Generic Modeling Environment.” Proc. of WISP, Budapest Hungary, May 2001
- HuberB., ObermaisserR., and PetiP. “MDA-Based Development in the DECOS Integrated Architecture - Modeling the Hardware Platform.” Proc. of the 9th IEEE Int. Symp. on Object and Component-Oriented Real-Time Distribued Computing (ISORC), 2006.
- IslamS., Lindström,R., and SuriN. “Dependability Driven Integration of Mixed Criticality SW Components.” Proc. of the 9th IEEE International Symposium on Object and Component-oriented Realtime distributed Computing (ISORC), 485-495, 2006.
- Fernandez-BacaD. “Allocating Modules to Processors in a Distributed System.” IEEE Trans. on Softw. Eng., 15(11), 1427-1436, 1989
- WeißenbacherG., Herzner W., AlthammerE. “Allocation of Dependable Software Modules under Consideration of Replicas.” ERCIM Workshop on Dependable Software Intensive Embedded Systems, Porto, Portugal. Sep. 2005
- IslamS., CsertanG., HerznerW., LeSergentT., PatariczaA., and SuriN. A SW-HW Integration Process for the Generation of Platform Specific Models.” Proc. of ME′06, 194-203, ÖVE Schriften-reihe Nr.43, Oct. 2006
- VinterJ., ErikssonH., AdemajA., LeinerB., SchlagerM. “Experimental Evaluation of the DE-COS Fault-Tolerant Communication Layer” Accepted for publication at SAFECOMP'07 (18.-21 9.2007, Nuremberg/G)
- SCADE Suite Technical and User Manuals, Version 5.0.1, June 2005, Esterel Technologies
- HalbwachsN., CaspiP., RaymondP., and PilaudD. “The Synchronous Dataflow Programming Language Lustre.” Proc. of the IEEE, 79(9), 1305-1320, September 1991.
- DionB., GartnerJ. “Efficient Development of Embedded Automotive Software with IEC 61508 Objectives using SCADE Drive.” Proc. of VDI Conf. of Electronic Systems for Vehicles, Baden-Baden, Oct. 2005
- BoualiA., DionB., and KonishiK. “Using Formal Verification in Real-Time Embedded Software Development.” Proc. of Japan SAE, Yokohama, 2005
- SchlickR., HerznerW., Le SergentT. “Checking SCADE Models for Correct Usage of Physical Units.” Proc. of SAFECOMP'06, Sep. 2006, Gdansk/P, 358-371; Springer LNCS, vol. 4166, Springer, 2006