This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
New Design Support Approach CAP (Computer Aided Principle) and an Application to Structural Design for Vehicle Crash Safety
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published August 05, 2007 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The authors have proposed a new method to identify the important information which links to the basic principle of the design's physical behavior by using CAE technology, and this method was named as CAP (Computer-Aided Principle).This method can help the engineers to grasp the basic physical characteristic that governs the first-order behavior. In this study, the authors applied CAP to the simulations of the design of frontal crash phenomena, which are difficult to understand because of the problem of strong nonlinearity, and explored the possibilities for using CAP. The correlative physical parameters thus obtained can help designers to understand the essence of the phenomena involved.
CitationYu, Q., Miyajima, K., Araki, T., and Natori, S., "New Design Support Approach CAP (Computer Aided Principle) and an Application to Structural Design for Vehicle Crash Safety," SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-3718, 2007, https://doi.org/10.4271/2007-01-3718.
- Yu Q. Kageyama Y. Matsui H. Extraction Method for Physical Principles and Application to Static Behavior of Vehicle Suspension System Review of Automotive Engineering 26 2005 439 446
- Yu Q. Kageyama Y. Minami H. Design space Embossing Method for Basic Design Plans of a Vehicle Suspension System
- Natori S. Yu Q. An Application of CAP (Computer-Aided Principle) to Structural Design for Vehicle Crash Safety SAE 2007 World Congress(2007)
- Anderberg M. R. Cluster Analysis for Applications Academic Press New York 1973
- Torn, A. A. Cluster analysis as a tool in a global optimization model Proceedings of Third International Congress of Cybernetics and Systems Bucharest 1975 Springer Verlag 249 260 1977a
- Torn, A. A. Cluster analysis using seed points and density-determined hyperspheres with an application to global optimization IEEE trans. on Systems, Man and Cybernetics 7 610 616 1977b
- Torn, A. A. Clustering methods in global optimization, Preprints of the Second IFAC Symposium on Stochastic Control Vilnius 19-23 May 138 143 1986
- Okuno T. et al. Multivariate analysis method (in Japanese) JUSE Press 1981
- Manly, B. F. J. Multivariate statistical methods BAIFUKAN 1992