This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Comparison of Two Soft-Sensing Methods for Estimating Vehicle Side Slip Angle
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published August 05, 2007 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Two soft-sensing methods which are neural network and Kalman filter for estimating vehicle side slip angle are compared. A radial basis function (RBF) neural network based soft-sensing model is proposed to estimate vehicle side slip angle in driver-vehicle closed-loop system. Vehicle side slip angle is considered as mapping of time series of yaw rate and lateral acceleration which are easily measured, the nonlinear mapping relationship of the three state parameters is established through neural network. In addition the method based on Kalman filter is also given. The results of comparison between estimation and measurement show that the neural network method proposed in this paper has higher accuracy and less computation requirement. It can provide theoretical guidance for design of estimator in vehicle stability control system.
CitationLin, F. and Zhao, Y., "A Comparison of Two Soft-Sensing Methods for Estimating Vehicle Side Slip Angle," SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-3587, 2007, https://doi.org/10.4271/2007-01-3587.
- Akitaka Nishio Kenji Tozu “Development of vehicle stability control based on vehicle sideslip angle estimation” SAE Paper, 2001-01-0137
- Van Zanten A.T. “Bosch ESP system: 5 years of experience” SAE Paper, 2000-01-1633
- Shinmoto Y Takagi J Egawa K et al “Road surface recognition sensor using an optical spatial filter” Proceedings of Conference on Intelligent Transportation systems Boston, America 1997 1000 1004
- Hac Aleksander Simpson Melinda D. “Estimation of vehicle side slip angle and yaw rate” SAE Paper, 2000-01-0696
- Jim Farrelly Peter Wellstead “Estimation of vehicle lateral velocity” Proceedings of the 1996 IEEE conference on Control Application, IEEE Dearborn, America 1996 552 557
- Joost Zuurbier Paul Bremmer “State estimation for integrated vehicle dynamics control” Japan 2002
- Youqun Zhao Ligong Wang xiaoming He et al “Motion stability analysis of vehicle with four wheel steering system” 1246 1248 Beijing, China 2003
- Fen Lin Youqun Zhao “Study of a driver-automobile closed-loop system's directional stability based on genetic algorithm” Mechanical science and technology 1151 1153 Xian, China 2006
- Wilde Philippe De Neural network models: theory and projects Springer, London, England 1997
- Kaitai Fang Changxing Ma Orthogonal and Uniform designs Science Press Beijing, China 2001
- Zili Deng Self-tuning filtering theory and its application-modern time-series analysis method Harbin Institute of Technology Press Harbin, China 2001