This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Experimental Study on DGPS/RTK Based Path Following System Using Backstepping Control Methodology
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published August 05, 2007 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper mainly focuses on a lateral control law for pre-given path following which is developed by using the backstepping control design methodology. The position information of the vehicle is obtained by Real Time Kinematic DGPS, and the yaw rate and side-slip angle used in controller are estimated by Kalman estimator. To show the performance of the proposed controller under different speed and various path curvature conditions, the results are given through experiments which are executed on proving ground especially designed for high maneuvering test of which minimum radius of curvature is about 60 m.
CitationShin, D., Sim, S., Ryu, J., Lee, J. et al., "Experimental Study on DGPS/RTK Based Path Following System Using Backstepping Control Methodology," SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-3579, 2007, https://doi.org/10.4271/2007-01-3579.
- Hayakawa Y. White R. Kimura T. Naito G. “Driver-Compatible Steering System for Wide Speed-Range path Following” IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics 9 3 544 552 2004
- Sienel W. Ackerman J. “Automatic Steering of Vehicles With Reference Angular Velocity Feedback” Proceedings of American Control Conference 1957 58 1994
- Hernandez J. I. Kuo C.-Y. “Steering Control of Automated Vehicles Using Absolute Positioning GPS and Magnetic Markers” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology 52 1 150 60 2003
- Mouri H. Furusho H. “Automated path tracking control using linear quadratic control theory,” IEEE Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems 1997
- Cerone V. Chinu A. Regruto D. “Experimental results in vision-based lane keeping for highway vehicles,” Proc. Of the American Control Conference Anchorage 2002 869 874
- Ackermann J. Guldner J. Sienel W. Steinhauser R. Utkin V. “Linear and nonlinear controller design for robust automatic steering,” IEEE Trans. Contr. Syst. Technol. 3 May 1995 132 143
- Krstic M. Kanellakopoulos I. Kokotovic P. Nonlinear and Adaptive Control Design New York John Wiley & Sons, Inc. 1995