This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Self-Configuration and Self-Healing in AUTOSAR
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published August 05, 2007 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
State-of-the-art automobiles contain up to 70 microcontrollers. About 35% of all failures are caused by the electronic systems, either hardware or software. Furthermore the stockkeeping of spare parts is a cost intensive issue. On the other hand, microcontrollers evolve so fast that the used microcontrollers cannot be replaced by newer controller generations without any side effects.
AUTOSAR [4,5] is a first step to overcome these limitations in the design and maintenance of cars. Based on the AUTOSAR architecture we propose an organic middleware, which adds self-configuration and self-healing capabilities. We implemented a simulator to evaluate the self-configuration and self-healing and we present the evaluation results for different network sizes and a failure rate of up to 60%. Our results show an excellent performance for the self-configuration in terms of the amount of messages and that the self-healing is able to recover from failures as long as enough resources are available.
CitationTrumler, W., Helbig, M., Pietzowski, A., Satzger, B. et al., "Self-Configuration and Self-Healing in AUTOSAR," SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-3507, 2007, https://doi.org/10.4271/2007-01-3507.
- Dehen W. So viel Sicherheit gab es noch nie ADAC Motorwelt 07 (2006) 24
- Günther U. Im Auto wächst die Zahl der Netzteilnehmer http://www.bics.be.schule.de/son/verkehr/presse/2001_2/v5012_04.htm
- OSEK OSEK/VDX - Operating System / OSEK 2005 http://osek-vdx.org technical report
- AUTOSAR GbR AUTOSAR http://autosar.org 2006
- AUTOSAR GbR Technical Overview / AUTOSAR GbR http://www.autosar.org
- Trumler W. Organic Ubiquitous Middleware University of Augsburg July 2006
- Trumler Wolfgang Bagci Faruk Petzold Jan Ungerer Theo AMUN - autonomic middleware for ubiquitous environments applied to the smart doorplate ELSEVIER Advanced Engineering Informatics 19 3 243 252 2005
- Trumler W. Klaus R. Ungerer T. Self-configuration via Cooperative Social Behavior The 3rd International Conference on Autonomic and Trusted Computing (ATC-06) Wuhan and Three Gorges China September 3-6 2006
- Trumler W. Thiemann T. Ungerer T. An Artificial Hormone System for Self-organisation of Networked Nodes IFIP International Conference on Biologically Inspired Cooperative Computing, IFIP BICC 2006 Santiago de Chile August 20-25 2006
- Satzger B. Pietzowski A. Trumler W. Ungerer T. A new adaptive accrual failure detector for dependable distributed systems 2007 ACM Symposium on Applied Computing, SAC ‘07 Seoul, South Korea
- Helbig M. Selbstkonfiguration in AUTOSAR Universität Augsburg August 2006
- Wooldridge M. An Introduction to Multiagent Systems John Wiley & Sons Chichester, England 2002
- IEEE Foundation for Intelligent Physical Agents Standard FIPA specifications http://www.fipa.org/repository/standardspecs.html 2006
- Luck M. McBurney P. Shehory O. Willmott S. Agent Technology Roadmap http://www.agentlink.org/roadmap/al3rm.pdf 2006
- Smith R. G. The contract net protocol: High-level communication and control in a distributed problem solver IEEE Transaction on Computers 29 1980 1104 1113
- Boutaba R. Omari S. Singh A. Selfcon: An architecture for self-configuration of networks International Journal of Communications and Networks (special issue on Management of New Networking Infrastructure and Services) 3 2001 317 323
- Koopman P. Elements of the self-healing system problem space Proc. Workshop on Architecting Dependable Systems 2003
- Horn P. Autonomic Computing: IBM's Perspective on the State of Information Technology http://www.research.ibm.com/autonomic/ 2001
- VDE/ITG/GI Organic Computing: Computer- und Systemarchitektur im Jahr 2010 http://www.gi-ev.de/download/VDE-ITG-GI-Positionspapier Organic Computing.pdf 2003