This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Accurate Torque Control of IPM Machines for ISG Hybrid Vehicle Applications
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published August 05, 2007 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Ricardo/Chery have been involving in developing ISG (Integrated Starter/Generator) hybrid technologies. The objective of this paper is to summarize our experience in achieving accurate torque control of an IPM machine (Interior Permanent Synchronous Machine) for mild ISG hybrid vehicle applications. This paper focus on presenting the issues including IPM machine development, IPM dq-axis inductance detection method and theoretical background, MTPA (Maximum Torque Per Ampere) control for IPM, flux-weakening control strategy and test results analysis. The proposed torque control has been proved in test with less than 3% torque control inaccuracy.
|Technical Paper||Architecture Analysis of Safety Critical Systems Using Parametric Expressions to Calculate System Behavior|
|Technical Paper||Implementing Safety Analysis: Our Experience|
|Journal Article||PHEV Cold Start Emissions Management|
CitationChen, X., Thornton, R., Edington, M., Lewis, R. et al., "Accurate Torque Control of IPM Machines for ISG Hybrid Vehicle Applications," SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-3482, 2007, https://doi.org/10.4271/2007-01-3482.
- Yamamoto K “Development of Motors for EV FCV and HEV” 2005 International Power Electronics Conference 1489 1494 2005
- Abe S. Murata M. “Development of IMA Motor for 2006 Civic Hybrid” 2006 SAE World Congress, SAE num 2006-01-1505
- Kamiya M. “Development of Traction Drive Motors for the Toyota Hybrid System” 2005 International Power Electronics Conference 1474 1481 2005
- Michael M.B. Torben S.F. Sandholdt P. “Accurate Torque Control of Saturated Interior Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motors in the Field-Weakening Region” 2005 IEEE Industry Application Conference
- Lopez G.G. Gunawan F.S. Walters J.E. Optimum Torque Control of Permanent Magnet AC Machines in the Field-Weakened Region 2004 IEEE Industry Application Conference
- Bae B.H. Patel H Schulz S. “New Field Weakening Technique for High Saliency Interior Permanent Magnet Motor” 2003 IEEE Industry Application Conference 898 905 2003
- Bianchi N. Bolognani S. Zigliotto M. “High Performance PM Synchronous Motor Drive for an Electrical Scooter” 2000 IEEE Industry Application Conference 1901 1908 2000