This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Advanced Loop Heat Pipe Evaporator with Ceramic Nanostructured Composite of Alumina, Alumina-Silica Oxide as a Wick Structure
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published July 09, 2007 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Nowadays LHP (CPL) is widely used in thermal control systems for space and ground applications. Wick structure is a key element which plays at least two roles: capillary pump to move a working fluid from condenser to the heat loaded zone and thermal and hydraulic breaker between liquid and vapor in LHP (CPL). This paper is devoted to the R&D of LHP with advanced low-cost ceramic wick structure, which has a high capillary pressure head and low thermal conductivity. First set of tests with acetone as a working fluid was done in Porous Media Laboratory, Minsk, Belarus to prove the possibility to use such kind of wick in present and future designs of LHP (CPL).
CitationVasiliev, L., "Advanced Loop Heat Pipe Evaporator with Ceramic Nanostructured Composite of Alumina, Alumina-Silica Oxide as a Wick Structure," SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-3192, 2007, https://doi.org/10.4271/2007-01-3192.
- Hambir S. Jog J. P. Sintering of ultra high molecular weight polyethylene Bull. Mater, Sci. Indian Academy of Sciences 2000 23 3 221 226
- Means of manufacturing sintered porous materials from nickel powder USSR Inventors Certificate 703976 1979
- Means of manufacturing sintered porous materials from titanium powder USSR Inventors Certificate 1034273 1983
- Kuskov G.V. Maydanik Yu.F. Titanium porous materials for capillary structures of heat pipes Powder Metal. 1 1983 36 38
- Kuskov G.V. Maydanik Yu.F. Investigation of structural and hydraulic properties of capillary-porous materials for heat pipes Eng.-Phys. J. 50 1986 4 582 588
- TANG, F. FUDOUZI, H. UCHIKOSHI, T. SAKKA, Y. Preparation of porous materials with controlled pore size and porosity J. Eur. Ceram. Soc. 24 341 344 2004
- Suzdalev T. P. Suzdalev P.I. Nanoclasters and nanocluster systems Chemistry 2001 70 3 203 240
- Heat Transfer with Propane Evaporation from a Porous Wick of Heat Pipe Vasiliev L.L. Zhuravlyov A.S. Novikov M.N. Vasiliev L.L. Jr. Journal of Porous Media 2001 4 2 103 111
- Peterson G.P. An Introduction to Heat Pipes John Wiley & Sons 1994
- Riehl R.R. Bazzo E. Comparison between acetone and ammonia on the thermal performance of a small-scale capillary pumped two-phase loop Space Technology and Applications International Forum (STAIF-2003). American Institute of Physics Conference Proceedings Albuquerque, NM 654 1 2003 80 87
- Vasiliev Leonid LOSSOUARN David ROMESTANT Cyril ALEXANDRE Alain BERTIN Yves Loop heat pipe for cooling of high power IGBT modules Proc. of 14 th International Heat Pipe Conference (14 th IHPC) Florianópolis, Brazil April 22-27 2007
- Lossouarn David Romestant Cyril Alexandre Alain Bertin Yves Vassiliev Leonid 2006