This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Supplier Development Process; Bahia-Brazil
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 28, 2007 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The Brazil automotive industry is projected to reach 2.4 million units in 2007. I recent years some of the industry migrated to non traditional regions for productivity gains. With the OEMs geographical move, traditional Tier 1 suppliers followed OEMs to new locations, on the basis of a better result (Quality, Cost and Timing (delivery). Tier 1 suppliers relying on bringing parts and components from distant locations, may generate a difficult cost/logistics/results balance, and do not optimize quality levels and business results. This paper unveils a 2006 - 2009 initiative in Bahia. The State Government and the Federation of Industries joined efforts to install competitive Tier 2+ suppliers in the northeast of Brazil, with the support of the German Government agency GTZ to provide the proper technology.
A multidisciplinary team has been empowered to determine the value chain demand, analyzing possible offering, appointing technology partners and developing detailed business cases to establish an extended value chain in Bahia. The process described in this paper to optimize a value chain is applicable to any industrial initiatives seeking improvements to QCT, better financial results, and enhanced sustainability with social responsibility and environmental stewardship.
- Luc de Ferran - Luc de Ferran Consultoria Ltda.
- Cristiano Vasconcellos Ferreira - SENAI BA - Integrated Center of Manufacturing and Technology.
- Jorge Luiz de Aquino Lima - SENAI BA - Integrated Center of Manufacturing and Technology.
- Lars Ziegler - SENAI BA - Integrated Center of Manufacturing and Technology.
CitationFerran, L., Ferreira, C., Lima, J., and Ziegler, L., "Supplier Development Process; Bahia-Brazil," SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-2687, 2007, https://doi.org/10.4271/2007-01-2687.
- Beitz B. Feldhusen J. Grote K.H. Pahl G. Projeto Na Engenharia. Editora Edgard Blucher Edição 2005 São Paulo. SP
- Blanchard B.S. Fabrycky W.J. System Engineering and Analysis Second Prentice Hall 1990
- Henrique Rozenfeld Fernando Antonio Forcellini Daniel Capaldo Amaral José Carlos de Toledo Sergio Luis da Silva Dário Henrique Alliprandini Régis Kovacs Scalice Gestão de Desenvolvimento de Produtos Uma referência para a melhoria do processo Editora Saraiva 2006
- Pahl G. Beitz W. Engineering Design A Systematic Approach. Springer Verlage. 2. Rev. ed 2005 Berlin
- AKAO Y. Quality Function Deployment Integrating Customers Requirements into Product Design Cambridge Productivity Press 1990
- Kaplan R S Norton D P 1996 “Balanced Scorecard: Translating Strategy into Action” Harvard Business School Press
- Kaplan R S Norton D P 1996 “Using the balanced scorecard as a strategic management system” Harvard Business Review Jan - Feb 75 85