This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Investigation of the Ta5Si3 and Cr5Si3 Phases by XRD and SEM for Microstructural Characterization
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 28, 2007 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In recent studies, much research is focused on the silicides alloys based in refractory transitions metal, becoming these materials as potential candidate for structural applications in high-temperatures for the fact of them possess excellent balance of properties. This work presents results of microstructural characterization of the Ta5Si3 and Cr5Si3 alloys, these silicides were obtained by arc melting under argon atmosphere. X-ray diffraction (XRD) and Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) were used to obtain information about chemical and crystallographic characteristics of the samples generated before and after the heat-treatment.
- Lívia de Souza Ribeiro - Universidade de São Paulo - USP Escola de Engenharia de Lorena - Lorena, SP, Brasil
- Sergio Tuan Renosto - Universidade de São Paulo - USP Escola de Engenharia de Lorena - Lorena, SP, Brasil
- Paulo Atsushi Suzuki - Universidade de São Paulo - USP Escola de Engenharia de Lorena - Lorena, SP, Brasil
CitationRibeiro, L., Renosto, S., and Suzuki, P., "Investigation of the Ta5Si3 and Cr5Si3 Phases by XRD and SEM for Microstructural Characterization," SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-2684, 2007, https://doi.org/10.4271/2007-01-2684.
- Ikarashi, Y. Ishikaki, K. Nagai, T. Hashizuka, Y. Kondo, Y. Reduction of Thermal expansion Anisotropy for Intermetallic Silicides of 16H Crystal Structure Intermetallics 4 141 145 1995
- Ward-Close, C. M. Minor, R. Doorbar, P. J. Intermetallic-matrix composites - a review Intermetallics 4 217 219 1996
- Ramberg, C. E. et al. High Temperature Oxidation Behavior of Structural Silicides Briant, C. L. et al. High Temperature Silicides and Refractory Alloys Pittsburgh MRS 243 253 Materials Research Society Symposium Proceedings, 322 1994
- Schneibel, J. H. Rawn, C. J. Payzant, E. A. FuU, C. L. Controlling the thermal expansion anisotropy of Mo5Si3 and Ti5Si3 silicides Intermetallics 12 845 850 2004
- Massalski TB Binary Alloy Phase Diagrams 2nd 3 Materials Park, OH ASM International 1990
- Krans W Nolze G. POWDERCELL - a program for the representation and manipulation of crystal structures and calculation of the resulting X-ray powder patterns J Appl Crystallogr 1996 29 301 3
- Villars P Calvert LD Pearson's handbook of crystallographic data for intermetallic phases 4 Materials Park, OH ASM International 1991