This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Compensation of Power Supply Fluctuations in Electric Power Steering (EPS) Systems
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 28, 2007 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Due to lower tax rates there are in Brazil many vehicles equipped with 1.0L engines. Nevertheless, consumers still want in these cars air conditioning, steering assistance and embedded electronic devices. The low power developed by such engines can, in some cases, compromise the quality of the electrical power supply in the vehicle, leading to voltage fluctuations, which could interfere with the dynamic behavior of Electric Power Steering (EPS) systems. In the worst case, voltage dips could induce undesired torque pulses on the steering wheel, causing an unpleasant feeling for the driver. The present work demonstrates a power supply fluctuation compensation strategy that electronically minimizes the consequences of sudden voltage dips in vehicles equipped with 1.0L engines. Simulations and experimental results are also included.
CitationKelber, C., Quevedo, J., and Lessa, L., "Compensation of Power Supply Fluctuations in Electric Power Steering (EPS) Systems," SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-2647, 2007, https://doi.org/10.4271/2007-01-2647.
- Burton, A.W. “Innovation Drivers for Electric Power-Assisted Steering” IEEE Control Systems Magazine Dec. 2003 30 39
- Burton, A.W. “Control Objectives and Systems Analysis: Innovation Drivers for Electric Power-Assisted Steering” Proc. of the American Control Conference May 2002 3401 3406
- Chen, X. Chen, X. Zhou, K. “Optimal Control of Electric Power-Assisted Steering System” Proc. of the IEEE Conf. on Control Applications Aug. 2005 1403 1408
- Badawy, A. Zuraski, J. Bolourchi, F. Chandy, A. “Modeling and Analysis of an Electric Power Steering System” SAE-Steering and Suspension Technology Symposium 1999
- Kim, J.H. Song, J.B. “Control logic for an electric power steering system using assist motor” Elsevier - Mechatronics 12 2002 447 459
- Leonhard, W. “Control of Electrical Drives” Springer Verlag 3-540-41820-2 2001