This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Modeling of Door Slam Noise Index by using Sound Quality Metric
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 15, 2007 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Door slam noise is very important sound, because Door Slam noise gives a big effect in high-class feeling of vehicle and brand identity. But it is very difficult to analyze door slam noise by traditional analysis and overall sound level. Moreover, the short occurrence time of Door Slam noise makes the analysis more difficult. In this paper, we used the latest developed sound quality methods for analyzing Door Slam noise. And we had performed jury test for luxury vehicles. After that we had carried out correlation analysis between objective analysis and subjective test. Finally, we could suggest Door Slam noise Index by linear regression analysis.
|Technical Paper||Measuring the Loudness of Door Slams|
|Technical Paper||Door System Design for Improved Closure Sound Quality|
|Technical Paper||Detecting and Classifying Secondary Impacts in Door Closing Sound|
CitationLee, H., Kwon, O., and Lee, J., "Modeling of Door Slam Noise Index by using Sound Quality Metric," SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-2394, 2007, https://doi.org/10.4271/2007-01-2394.
- Blommer Mike Yang Barry Vandenbrink Kelly “Detecting and Classifying Secondary Impacts in Door Closing Sound” SAE 2005-01-2471
- Zwicker E. Fastl H. “Psychoacoustics” Springer-Verlag 1990
- Otto Norm Amman Scott Eaton Chris Lake Scott “Guidelines for Jury Evaluations of Automotive Sounds” SAE 1999-01-1822
- Kwon O-Jun Lee Haeseung “A Study on the Evaluation Process of Rattle Noise Considering the Signal Characteristics in Frequency and Time Domain” SAE 2005-01-2543
- Genuit K. “Objective evaluation of acoustic quality based on a relative approach”