This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Dynamic Characteristics of a Mount Combining Viscous Fluid With Air-Spring
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 15, 2007 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
A hydraulic excavator cab is mounted on a viscous mount. When the weight of the cab is heavy, the neutral position is depressed. Besides, at a large load, the cab receives compressive repulsion power of oil thereby restricting its damping ability. In addition, it is difficult to obtain an arbitrary damping performance separately.
To overcome these problems, which combines the shear force due to viscous fluid with elastic force due to air-spring a mount, was invented. The neutral position of composite mount is adjustable by air-spring according to the weight. And viscous oil is not sealed up. So, viscous oil can flow at a large load. Therefore, it may not experience the repulsion force of oil in spite of a large load. Moreover, the generated elastic force is adjustable according to change of pressure in the air spring, and the generated damping force is adjustable according to change of viscous fluid's viscosity or volume.
In this research, excitation tests under several conditions were performed to investigate the dynamic characteristics of the composite mount and its dependence on several conditions (displacement, frequency, pressure and viscosity). Next, the formulation of the dynamic characteristic was derived by the design parameter. The accuracy of the formulation was confirmed by comparing the formulation with the excitation test results. This paper might be useful to fundamental research of mounts.
|Technical Paper||Numerical Simulation for the Tire-Rim Interface for a Radial Passenger Tire|
|Ground Vehicle Standard||STARTING MOTOR PINIONS AND RING GEARS|
|Technical Paper||Investigation of Road Surface Roughness Effect on Tread Rubber Friction with FEA|
CitationAndou, H., Koizumi, T., Tsujiuchi, N., and Ohkado, T., "Dynamic Characteristics of a Mount Combining Viscous Fluid With Air-Spring," SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-2360, 2007, https://doi.org/10.4271/2007-01-2360.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
- Andou Hiroaki Koizumi Takayuki Tsujiuchi Nobutaka Shibayama Toshiyuki Numerical Model of Viscous Mount for Hydraulic Excavator IMAC-XXIII 2004
- Sclater Neil Chironis Nicholas P. Mechanisms and Mechanical Devices Sourcebook third 186 187 The McGraw-Hill Companies 2001
- Lee Dong-Wook Kim Choo-Ho Han Soon-Woo Lee Sung-Chul Improvement of Ride Comfort of the Excavator SAE Technical paper series
- Andou Hiroaki Koizumi Takayuki Tsujiutchi Nobutaka Shibayama Toshiyuki Using FFT to compute frequency-dependent dynamic characteristics APVC 2005
- Doolittle Jesse S. Thermodynamics for Engineers 43 63 International Textbook Company 1960
- Shenoy Aroon V. Rheology of filled polymer systems 66 99 Kluwer Academic Publishers 1999
- Asami Toshihiko Kimura Fumiyoshi On the Effect of Tempereture on the Damping Properties of a Nonviscous Type of Oil Damper JSME 1999
- Mc Cormack P. D. Crane Lawrence Physical Fluid Dynamics 89 196 Academic Press 1973
- John James E. A. Haberman William L. Introduction To Fluid Mechanics 156 178 Prentice Hall 1988