This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Parametric Approach for Vehicle Frame Structure Dynamics Analysis
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 15, 2007 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The capability to drive NVH quality into vehicle frame design is often compromised by the lack of available predictive tools that can be developed and applied within the timeframe during which key architectural design decisions are required. To address this need, a new parametric frame modeling approach was developed and is presented in this paper. This fully parameterized model is capable of fast modal, static stiffness & weight assessments, as well as DSA/optimization for frame design changes. This tool has been proven to be effective in improving speed, quality and impact of NVH hardware decisions.
CitationCheng, S., Chen, A., and Janicki, M., "A Parametric Approach for Vehicle Frame Structure Dynamics Analysis," SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-2335, 2007, https://doi.org/10.4271/2007-01-2335.
- Chen, S., Huang, J., Liu, Y., and Huang, D., “Dynamic Sensitivity Analysis and Modification of Dynamic Model Parameters for Automotive Frame”, Proceeding - Society of Automotive Engineers, p 167-171, 1985.
- Narayanan, G. V., “On the Development of Frame Analysis Program to Simulate Automotive Frame Using Direct Dynamic Stiffness Approach”, SAE-2006-01-0990.
- Fang, Y. W., Zhang, Y. F., Zhang, G. P., Huang, Y. M., Lu, Y. J., and Xu, H. H., “Dynamic Behaviors Analysis of Vehicle Frame by BEM”, Journal of Traffic and Transportation Engineering, v5, n4, pp 63-66, December, 2005.
- Suh, M. W., Lee, J. H., Cho, K. Y., and Kim, M. S., “A Study on Section Property Method and Section Shape Method for the Optimum Design of Vehicle Body Structure”, International Conference on Computer Aided Optimum Design of Structures, OPTI, Proceedings, v7, p 43-52, 2001.
- Spencer, C., Vartanian, K., White, M., and Law, S. E., “Light Truck Frame Joint Stiffness Study”, SAE-2003-01-0241, SAE 2003 World Congress, Detroit, Michigan.
- Beemann, H. J., “Warping Tension in Commercial Vehicle Frames, Taking into Consideration Flexible Joints”, International Journal of Vehicle Design, v1, n5, p 397-414, 1980.